Latest Update on the Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

The Upside of Smelling Like a Skunk

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 1 (230 Views)

I thought of that headline during yesterday's fast-paced daily 4.8 mile walk over 9 hills. At one point, we turned a corner and smelled skunk. I asked DH if that was me or a real skunk, because sweat was running down the back of my neck. Now, you might not think smelling like a skunk could be a good thing, but I think of it like so: sweating helps purge impurities from your body. Working out hard enough so that you sweat will improve your mood as well as your health outlook. So to me, smelling like a skunk is the same thing as doing what I can to hold onto good health.

It is the daily choices that determine your course. Will you eat healthy? Will you work your body into a sweat? And will you do it all again tomorrow? I hope you've said yes, because cruel and unfair as the maker of this sign finds it, to improve your health, fitness and outlook, you will have to approach improving your diet and physical conditioning with daily passion. But here's the thing: dedication to one's physical conditioning pays huge dividends! 

And that's the upside of smelling like a skunk. Smiley Happy

apparently.jpg

PS DH was sure the odor came from a real skunk, but I soaked my exercise outfit overnight in vinegar water just the same.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good health neither comes cheap, nor is it easy.