Save 30% on AARP Smart Driver™ online course during Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Use code DDA

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Keeping Fit: A Positive Approach to the Aging Process

Message 11 of 25 (452 Views)

These last two weeks DH and I have been putting our ab wheel to good use as we seek to build core strength and trim dead weight. 

Learn about ab wheels: http://abmachinesguide.com/ab-wheel-workouts-instructions/

ab-wheel-workout-plan.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good health neither comes cheap, nor is it easy.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 25 (500 Views)

@LaDolceVita - Funny! That too!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 13 of 25 (487 Views)

@ASTRAEA   Woman LOL Yes, especially if it was one of your body parts that broke! 

vita umbratilis

Message 14 of 25 (601 Views)

@Epster - One of the videos showed the assembly; it took about 60 seconds, and there was no voice-over explaining anything. The first time I tried to attach the balance bar, everything was fine until the last connection, and then the parts wouldn't line up perfectly & jammed. When I contacted the company via live chat, the suggestion was to stand on it & force the parts together  .. sure, and then if something broke, whose fault would that be?!

Message 15 of 25 (656 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@Epster - I love how easy they make it look on videos, to set it up & then fold it again! The first 3 days I had it, I got all my exercise trying to put it together, then taking it apart again because the final connection wouldn't like up perfectly.

@ASTRAEA Indeed! You won't be traveling with yours, it sounds like, however I can say that it does get easier to set up. Those first few times, though, boy something could go wrong and a person alone could get hurt! 

An aside: Our rebounder didn't come with a video, however I'm thinking about the video instructions for our double decker recumbent trailer hitch rack. They showed an 80-something assembling, installling, then loading and unloading recumbent trikes with ease. HA! Some 300 load/unload episodes later we still prefer to do this as a team. And I remain in awe of that 80 y-o in the video! PS Last year we had to show another couple how to load and unload their trikes on the same model rack: the video convinced them they couldn't do it!

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 25 (1,647 Views)

@Epster - I love how easy they make it look on videos, to set it up & then fold it again! The first 3 days I had it, I got all my exercise trying to put it together, then taking it apart again because the final connection wouldn't line up perfectly.

Message 17 of 25 (1,873 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@Epster - Mine folds too, but it's one PITA to attach the balance bar to the base, and it's heavier than I'd want to haul around anyway.

@ASTRAEA We didn't get the balance bar because I figured I'd actually end up tripping on it. (I'm such a klutz, ugh.) Ours is a PITA to fold and unfold. Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 25 (2,627 Views)

@Epster - Mine folds too, but it's one PITA to attach the balance bar to the base, and it's heavier than I'd want to haul around anyway.

Message 19 of 25 (2,666 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

Mine came with 2 DVDs, but I haven't even gotten thru the first one, listing all the recommended exercises.

@ASTRAEA

Sounds like a good system.

We chose a folding model because we intended to travel with ours. The plan is to have it in the (future) RV, but for now (besides daily workouts) we find the mini trampoline quite useful for warming up prior to races at the Senior Games. I find it to be one of the most useful pieces of exercise equipment we have.

Message 20 of 25 (2,721 Views)

@Epster - Mine came with 2 DVDs, but I haven't even gotten thru the first one, listing all the recommended exercises.

@LaDolceVita - Thanks; I just changed it again the other day .. but the avatars are so small & kind of squished/elongated! Smiley Happy