How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Keeping Fit: A Positive Approach to the Aging Process

Message 11 of 28 (553 Views)

Saw this yesterday and thought it appropriate for this thread. 

use it or lose it.jpg

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 12 of 28 (639 Views)

Just saw this and found it a good, positive thought for anyone striving to up their physical conditioning game this week: 

committed_hungry.jpg

Go, go, go, go go!

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 28 (624 Views)

Short video showing correct way to do an ab wheel roll out (to save yourself back injury). The roll out is a good entry level exercise. (Vid also shows homemade version for you DIYers)

As always, check with your doctor before beginning any new exercise program.

Message 14 of 28 (542 Views)

These last two weeks DH and I have been putting our ab wheel to good use as we seek to build core strength and trim dead weight. 

Learn about ab wheels: http://abmachinesguide.com/ab-wheel-workouts-instructions/

ab-wheel-workout-plan.jpg

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 28 (590 Views)

@LaDolceVita - Funny! That too!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 16 of 28 (577 Views)

@ASTRAEA   Woman LOL Yes, especially if it was one of your body parts that broke! 

vita umbratilis

Message 17 of 28 (691 Views)

@Epster - One of the videos showed the assembly; it took about 60 seconds, and there was no voice-over explaining anything. The first time I tried to attach the balance bar, everything was fine until the last connection, and then the parts wouldn't line up perfectly & jammed. When I contacted the company via live chat, the suggestion was to stand on it & force the parts together  .. sure, and then if something broke, whose fault would that be?!

Message 18 of 28 (746 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@Epster - I love how easy they make it look on videos, to set it up & then fold it again! The first 3 days I had it, I got all my exercise trying to put it together, then taking it apart again because the final connection wouldn't like up perfectly.

@ASTRAEA Indeed! You won't be traveling with yours, it sounds like, however I can say that it does get easier to set up. Those first few times, though, boy something could go wrong and a person alone could get hurt! 

An aside: Our rebounder didn't come with a video, however I'm thinking about the video instructions for our double decker recumbent trailer hitch rack. They showed an 80-something assembling, installling, then loading and unloading recumbent trikes with ease. HA! Some 300 load/unload episodes later we still prefer to do this as a team. And I remain in awe of that 80 y-o in the video! PS Last year we had to show another couple how to load and unload their trikes on the same model rack: the video convinced them they couldn't do it!

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 28 (1,737 Views)

@Epster - I love how easy they make it look on videos, to set it up & then fold it again! The first 3 days I had it, I got all my exercise trying to put it together, then taking it apart again because the final connection wouldn't line up perfectly.

Message 20 of 28 (1,963 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@Epster - Mine folds too, but it's one PITA to attach the balance bar to the base, and it's heavier than I'd want to haul around anyway.

@ASTRAEA We didn't get the balance bar because I figured I'd actually end up tripping on it. (I'm such a klutz, ugh.) Ours is a PITA to fold and unfold. Smiley Sad