AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 1 of 619

Grateful for Rock N Roll and the many marvelous lyricists, like Bono.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 619

Grateful for warmer weather this weekend ... and lots and lots of bike trail. Wooo hooo!

santas on bikes.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 3 of 619

Grateful for humor.

our son is God.jpg

Message 4 of 619

@kimjeffbill  We have been treated to views of them skipping along the ridge behind our house, but yes, agreed: coyotes dancing in the moonlight would be quite the sight to behold. Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 619

Coyotes dancing in the moonlight, . . . . .now I really wish I had been one.  Wouldn't that be great fun to see?

Message 6 of 619

Grateful for changing seasons. Adore the seasonal change in chores, attire, the view, the environs. Ahhhh, Old Man Winter, you are welcome here.

Old Man Winter Comes To TownOld Man Winter Comes To Town

Message 7 of 619

kimjeffbill wrote:

That moon almost makes you want to be a coyote so you could stand outside and HOWL. 

Maybe it is the sky's answer to all the Christmas lights, right?

@kimjeffbill Indeed! The moon was beyond gorgeous night before last rising through misty clouds to hover over our rocky cliff. Then the next morning I watched as Luna slipped behind the hills to the west. I fully expected the coyotes to be singing lullabyes as the moon set, but they were either occupied or dozing. Maybe they'd been up all night dancing in that moonlight? Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 619

That moon almost makes you want to be a coyote so you could stand outside and HOWL. 

Maybe it is the sky's answer to all the Christmas lights, right?

Message 9 of 619

Grateful to be able to witness the rising and setting of this big glorious moon over eastern and western hills. And the bounty of Christmas lights twinkling in the valley. Simply gorgeous.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 619

Epster wrote:

alley2 wrote:

How do you think you got the infection from cleaning the greenhouse?

Hi @alley2. I had a teensy smidge of hay fever from rabbitbrush and dust (I live in the west) before I decided to clean up in the greenhouse. (Which was really more changing shadecloth around due to the season change) One 60' long 10% shadecloth that drapes over the support beams under the upper vent acts as a cottonwood fluff catcher during the summer. While rolling that puppy up (being 10' in the air on a ladder: face pretty much right in the shadecloth), I managed to get few snouts full of fluff... and here I am. Smiley Happy 

Homesteading ain't for wimps. Smiley Happy

Well that makes sense. I hate that fluff from trees. It makes me sneeze and stuffy too. I want to stay indoors when I see it floating around. Good luck to you on homesteading!