Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 71 of 527 (931 Views)

Grateful for the road ahead.

the away road.jpg

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 72 of 527 (949 Views)

I'm grateful for opposing views. Sometimes they shore up my own beliefs, sometimes they show me another way of seeing things, but always they improve the view.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 73 of 527 (946 Views)

Grateful for steep hills close to home. Ready, set, charge!

Message 74 of 527 (947 Views)

Well wouldja look at those opportunities, all lined up pretty as you please? An opportunity to show compassion, an opportunity to share love, an opportunity to make money, an opportunity to make healthy choices... and so forth. I'm grateful for them, every one. 

Message 75 of 527 (937 Views)

Grateful that love helps float a soul over bad news. Grateful for a partnership acting as life raft.

Message 76 of 527 (962 Views)

Grateful for plant knowledge. (Pulling up and cooking wild spinach, AKA lambsquarter, that's trying to overtake a flower bed today) 

Message 77 of 527 (985 Views)

Grateful for the coolness of early morning.

[ Edited ]
Message 78 of 527 (1,028 Views)

Grateful to the master herbalists who handed down plant wisdom, but also to the two gentlemen who helped gather material yesterday.

edison on herbalism.jpg

Message 79 of 527 (1,031 Views)

With a backyard that, in turn, hosts coyotes, bears, elk, deer, foxes, mountain lions and deer, I'm grateful for motion activated lights, to help keep nocturnal ramblers away from the abode, I must say. The local bear revisited our compost pile last night, happily long after we stood on the front porch watching the western wildfire enhanced crimson sun beat the amber moon to the horizon. 

[ Edited ]
Message 80 of 527 (1,053 Views)

Grateful for a quiet, fireless Fourth, the no-longer-pregnant,-and,-say,-where's-the-wee one? mule deer doe that came to rest yesterday afternoon under one of our willows, but today I am most grateful for Catrike because today is the day the shop starts changing out old trike frames for new, under warranty.