ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 611 of 623

"...I'm grateful for our national parks, our state parks, our bike trails and the time to enjoy them...".

I'm hijacking the thread to say you have posted you're into hiking and outdoor activities. That's our motivation for maintaining health. You understand (it would appear) what it's like to do a hard hike and find yourself up at 8,000, 10,000, 12,000 or more feet with a view for 50+ miles. It's getting more difficult to do that, but we'll keep at it as long as we can.

I'm grateful for continuing to be able to hike above treeline....

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 612 of 623

I think I'm getting offline now too .. bad thunderstorm!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 613 of 623

retiredtraveler wrote:

But I still think running a few miles a day, and weight lifting, is doing far more to stave off coronary heart disase than gratitude.

-----------------------

Good one, traveler! (Seems you could be grateful for having good sense. Smiley Happy)

I'm going to be offline a few days, so let me toss a bevy of extra thoughts of gratitude out there: I'm thankful for good health. May I one day also have good sense. Smiley Happy

I'm grateful for our national parks, our state parks, our bike trails and the time to enjoy them.

I'm grateful for friends and family to hang out with and the kind reception of strangers.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 614 of 623

Ok. I'll bite.

I'm grateful, although a better word might be 'lucky' or 'fortunate', that DW and I have planned and set goals for 40 years, then were able to achieve them, with no major setbacks. Things happen to people beyond their control that totally disrupt their lives. I'm grateful we had nothing major, and reached our goals.

But I still think running a few miles a day, and weight lifting, is doing far more to stave off coronary heart disase than gratitude.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.

Message 615 of 623

I am grateful that I'm sort of winning the war against the aggressive vines, and have a relaxing morning at the hair salon! Smiley Happy

Message 616 of 623

I am grateful for the promise of renewal that comes packaged in each dawn, each early morning opportunity to reassess, redirect and reinvent! Let's go get 'em! Rah!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 617 of 623

ASTRAEA wrote:

I'm grateful that although I was diagnosed with breast cancer 11 months ago, the treatment was surprisingly not too bad. Although I had to give up my workouts for a couple of months, I'm regaining my strength now. I'm grateful for that, because I spent an hour in 90 deg. weather yesterday afternoon, and another 45 minutes this morning, cutting a terrible overgrowth of vines on my property .. and plan to go out again after lunch!

This is fantastic news! Double hurrahs! Smiley Happy

Message 618 of 623

bw95562019 wrote:

i'm grateful my son, daughter and grand daughter arrived home safe last night from their trip to florida

Hurrah!

Message 619 of 623

I'm grateful that although I was diagnosed with breast cancer 11 months ago, the treatment was surprisingly not too bad. Although I had to give up my workouts for a couple of months, I'm regaining my strength now. I'm grateful for that, because I spent an hour in 90 deg. weather yesterday afternoon, and another 45 minutes this morning, cutting a terrible overgrowth of vines on my property .. and plan to go out again after lunch!

Super Social Butterfly

Message 620 of 623

i'm grateful my son, daughter and grand daughter arrived home safe last night from their trip to florida

dont take life too serious