Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 511 of 639

Grateful for the irrepressible American spirit, that's me.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 512 of 639

I am grateful that the 2nd week of my big masonry project is finished. I can't believe that they'll have the whole thing done next week .. but it would be terrific, if they did!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 513 of 639

Yahoo it is Friday! The rain cleaned smoke out of the air and we have a long weekend with which to bike and hike. For the marvelous coming together of time off and clean air, I give thanks.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 514 of 639

ASTRAEA wrote:

I am grateful in a convoluted way this morning. I was scheduled for an early medical test, but when I went out to my car, the battery was dead! I contacted AAA, but had to reschedule my test for afternoon. There's a Jewish tradition/superstition, that when something small happens that's bad, it should be considered a welcome "sacrifice," instead of something worse happening. So I'm hoping that the early morning car trouble is a sign that my test results will be OK!

I love these traditional sayings.  Hope for great test results for you!  

I had my first bone density test yesterday & failed!    Yep, osteopenia.  I have lifted weights for years, tons of walking especially the last 24 years.   I practically live on dairy.  No loss in height though, still 4' 11.5".   Cat Tongue

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 515 of 639

I am grateful to be finding resources for learning as much as possible about retirement while I have time to make corrections, take on new ideas, better position us for the changes and have some fun in the doing. So to RV.net, AARP.org and Escapees.com: respect! 

Message 516 of 639

On this, the 42nd anniversary of the event, I am grateful for having been abandoned by my family in what is seen as a Third World environment on American soils. What that experience has added to my perspective, my person, my outlook is beyond beyond. 

Message 517 of 639

Hurrah! Hard rain! Clean air! Thunder, even. Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah! (<- That's gratitude out of a z-z-z-ooming A-type, for ya) Now to unplug this thing and get back to straining tinctures...

Weeeeeee!

Message 518 of 639

Love it! Hoping for the best for you, @ASTRAEA.

Message 519 of 639

I am grateful in a convoluted way this morning. I was scheduled for an early medical test, but when I went out to my car, the battery was dead! I contacted AAA, but had to reschedule my test for afternoon. There's a Jewish tradition/superstition, that when something small happens that's bad, it should be considered a welcome "sacrifice," instead of something worse happening. So I'm hoping that the early morning car trouble is a sign that my test results will be OK!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 520 of 639

I'm grateful that the expression of gratitude is an individual thing. It is free. It is yours. It is beyond judgment ... and no matter how each individual approaches it, finding something to be thankful for each day will improve life. Rah!