The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

[ Edited ]
Message 511 of 586 (677 Views)

Yep: Hahn's is revered for the unobstructed 360 view. 

Hurrah on your project's progress! Definitely something to be grateful for.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 512 of 586 (677 Views)

@epster - What a fabulous view!!

I'm grateful that a large masonry repair project at my house is moving along. I'm sorry that I had to lose 2 holly trees that had self-planted, and grown up too close to the retaining wall .. but they'll be replaced .. maybe something flowering.

Retaining Wall Removal - 3 Cropped.jpg

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

[ Edited ]
Message 513 of 586 (683 Views)

I am grateful to be able to hike up and take in views atop Hahn's Peak north of Steamboat Springs, CO. I am equally grateful for the two mule deer fawns that bounded past our dining room window a minute ago in their quest to catch up with their momma.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 514 of 586 (688 Views)

I am grateful that we have for years lived far below our means and that we are not driven to 'keep up with the Joneses' but instead to keep up our retirement savings program.  I am grateful for a mate who places greater importance on shared experiences than on material goods. And I am grateful that we plan to catch up on all those thus-far-not-taken vacation trips in retirement.

[ Edited ]
Message 515 of 586 (699 Views)

Message 516 of 586 (706 Views)

I'm a fan of Paramahansa Yogananda too, and his "Autobiography of a Yogi" is in my bookcase! One of the best, but simplest books I've read, is by Baba Ram Dass (Dr. Richard Albert), titled "Remember .. Be Here Now". The simple concept is to be 100% present in whatever you're doing at the moment. The book was published back in 1971, but when you see how people are today, it's even more important for them to read it! No matter where people are, 80% of them AREN'T present .. they're ignoring whom they're with, so they can talk to others on their smart phones, or they're playing electronic games, or texting to people elsewhere.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 517 of 586 (630 Views)

Here are some folks to whom I shall forever be grateful:

Gandhi, Aldous Huxley, Friedrich Hayek, Carl Jung, Danny Kahneman, Will James, Deepak Chopra, Andrew Weil, Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, Paramhansa Yogananda, Robert W. Service, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Jack London, John Sarno.

The wisdom they made public is a valuable and useful part of me.

Thanks guys.

The deeper part of me automatically acknowledges those I've temporarily forgotten.  And - they, in turn are aware.

Smiley Happy

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 518 of 586 (657 Views)

I'm grateful for being in touch with folks who appreciate Nature - without which, I think we would be somewhat diminished.  One day, a pair of wild Mallards landed in our pool and paddled around for a half hour.  Delighted me to no end!

P.S.  Altho not out in it anymore - I am a huge Nature lover.  The wilder - the better!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 519 of 586 (668 Views)

I'm grateful that I can get a lot of organic produce & eggs, although the price of the latter is astronomical around here! I'm grateful for all the birds around here, and what wildlife still manages to coexist in the suburbs.

Message 520 of 586 (674 Views)

Wait! There's more!

I am grateful for the weekend viewing opportunities:  4 bald eagles; a half dozen mule deer fawns (spots yet on!); sandhill cranes; baby badgers; DH's fave, the kingfisher, and myriad other songbirds and waterfowl. Loves me some Rocky Mountain camping!