The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 451 of 585 (248 Views)
epster wrote:
Eh, I think I'd have done what you did. (I'm way better through email than face to face) The manager has the power to respond.

I'm definitely better in writing too, when I can eliminate the emotion, and carefully craft my words!

A couple of years ago, I stopped in to the same dealership, because one of my brake lights was out. I thought I needed a new bulb, The service advisor removed the bulb himself & cleaned the base contact, then put the bulb back in .. and it worked again! he said it was a common occurrence, and wasn't worth the paperwork! But he's a senior guy, and I'd never seen the guy yesterday before. He may be following "the rules" to the letter .. if he doesn't feel comfortable using his own discretion .. or asking a senior person for guidance!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 452 of 585 (254 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:
I shouldn't have tried to act laid-back, when the guy said the "small fee" was $40! Without attacking him, I felt I should have said, "A "small fee" would be $9.99 .. NOT $40 + tax!"

Eh, I think I'd have done what you did. (I'm way better through email than face to face) The manager has the power to respond.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 453 of 585 (251 Views)
epster wrote: 

Rah! Let's hear it for the power of ask! ..

All the way home from the dealer yesterday, I was annoyed at myself, for not pressing harder for them doing it as a "courtesy", asking to speak to a manager (I didn't think anyone was there on a Saturday). I shouldn't have tried to act laid-back, when the guy said the "small fee" was $40! Without attacking him, I felt I should have said, "A "small fee" would be $9.99 .. NOT $40 + tax!"

[ Edited ]
Message 454 of 585 (260 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:
I'm grateful .. it's not the money, but that I think something small like that should be a courtesy!!
___

Rah! Let's hear it for the power of ask! The fellow to whom we are about to give our spendy recumbent order is the one and only dealer who said yes when I asked for a senior discount. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 455 of 585 (251 Views)

I'm grateful that some people still understand "customer service"! After my car battery died Thursday, and was replaced, the door lock setting returned to the unwanted auto-lock default. According to the manual, it should be a 3 minute reset, but didn't work .. an experience other people blogged about online too. Yesterday I went to the dealer, thinking that if it was a 3 minute reset for the average car owner, it should be a 2 minute courtesy by a mechanic .. but was told there would be a "small charge" .. which wound up > $40! I wasn't pleased, but didn't want to take it out on the representative. I went home & e-mailed the dealership manager! An hour later, I got a call that a long-time customer shouldn't have been charged for such a minor adjustment, and they were crediting the full amount! I'm grateful .. it's not the money, but that I think something small like that should be a courtesy!!

Message 456 of 585 (247 Views)

It is cliche to state one's appreciation for diversity, I suppose, however I am beyond appreciative and well into the grateful zone for same. Two days ago I chatted with a few people at a car show who'd reimagined, redesigned and reworked abandoned beaters into absolute art and yesterday spent time with a serious bike racer/designer who talked with authoriity and at length about the speed virtues of various pedal designs, tire weights, panniers. Enthralling, this diversity, and I am grateful to witness it.

Message 457 of 585 (260 Views)

Grateful for the irrepressible American spirit, that's me.

Message 458 of 585 (269 Views)

I am grateful that the 2nd week of my big masonry project is finished. I can't believe that they'll have the whole thing done next week .. but it would be terrific, if they did!

Message 459 of 585 (258 Views)

Yahoo it is Friday! The rain cleaned smoke out of the air and we have a long weekend with which to bike and hike. For the marvelous coming together of time off and clean air, I give thanks.

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 460 of 585 (152 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I am grateful in a convoluted way this morning. I was scheduled for an early medical test, but when I went out to my car, the battery was dead! I contacted AAA, but had to reschedule my test for afternoon. There's a Jewish tradition/superstition, that when something small happens that's bad, it should be considered a welcome "sacrifice," instead of something worse happening. So I'm hoping that the early morning car trouble is a sign that my test results will be OK!

I love these traditional sayings.  Hope for great test results for you!  

I had my first bone density test yesterday & failed!    Yep, osteopenia.  I have lifted weights for years, tons of walking especially the last 24 years.   I practically live on dairy.  No loss in height though, still 4' 11.5".   Cat Tongue

vita umbratilis