Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 361 of 520 (217 Views)

I'm grateful for the men and women who studied plant medicine before me, and who left us an instructive lexicon.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 362 of 520 (224 Views)

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 363 of 520 (226 Views)

Message 364 of 520 (226 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@epster - I hope the aspirin does the trick; do you ever use Aleve? My weekly workout with a trainer is today, and my knees are still hurting from trimming vines over the weekend.

I have to think about what I'm grateful for today; the weather is hot & humid .. "soupy" per the weatherman. Although it's very dry in NJ, I'm grateful for the timing, so my contractors don't lose any productive work days!

Actually, I haven't taken aspirin (haven't had breakfast) and it is looking like I shan't: I don't hurt. Amazing but true. That said, I have a bottle of generic aspirin on hand. It might be 2 years old, not sure. I may use a homemade herbal muscle relaxer later if I start to hurt, we'll see.

Hope you feel better soon.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 365 of 520 (231 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@epster - OK, this is what I've got growing on my property ... what kind of useful potions can I make?

(English) Ivy

Virginia creeper

Rambling rose

Wisteria

Poison ivy

PS - This stuff grows fast enough, that if my "potion" is useful & commercially viable, I have enough raw material to produce it on an industrial scale! Smiley Happy

OK  Poison Ivy ?  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 366 of 520 (232 Views)

@epster - I hope the aspirin does the trick; do you ever use Aleve? My weekly workout with a trainer is today, and my knees are still hurting from trimming vines over the weekend.

I have to think about what I'm grateful for today; the weather is hot & humid .. "soupy" per the weatherman. Although it's very dry in NJ, I'm grateful for the timing, so my contractors don't lose any productive work days!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 367 of 520 (234 Views)
Huh. Instead of being grateful for aspirin this morning, I am just astounded (make that grateful) that I can walk without pain.
If you missed the why, see below.
epster wrote:

italy lake.jpg

Methinks I best state gratitude for the bliss that was this weekend before the muscle pain kicks in tomorrow. 60 miles we did in three days of hiking and biking. 35 of those today on recumbent bikes. Completely grateful (in this moment) that we set aside time to hike to 5 alpine lakes this weekend (including the one above, though technically that's a tarn) and the afternoon of biking today. 

Tomorrow I expect to be grateful for aspirin.

Message 368 of 520 (252 Views)

epster wrote:

Returning this thread to its subject: gratitude ...

I'm grateful that our country set aside recreation lands so that interested parties could hike up to  alpine lakes such as this one, visited yesterday by DH and me.

italy lake.jpg

Methinks I best state gratitude for the bliss that was this weekend before the muscle pain kicks in tomorrow. 60 miles we did in three days of hiking and biking. 35 of those today on recumbent bikes. Completely grateful (in this moment) that we set aside time to hike to 5 alpine lakes this weekend (including the one above, though technically that's a tarn) and the afternoon of biking today. 

Tomorrow I expect to be grateful for aspirin.

Message 369 of 520 (260 Views)
epster wrote:
I think this is a topic that deserves its own thread. Smiley Wink

True; but what category does it go in? I'm NOT putting it in the political area, where all the extremists will attack whatever people post! Private message?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

[ Edited ]
Message 370 of 520 (189 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@epster - A slight tangent & potentially politically incorect question: What do you think about parks that attempt to preserve nature & their wilderness, but then put in significant accommodations for those physically challenged, to be able to reach areas previously only accessible to those in excellent physical condition?

I think this is a topic that deserves its own thread. Smiley Wink