Latest Update on the Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

[ Edited ]
Message 361 of 371 (1,447 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

But I still think running a few miles a day, and weight lifting, is doing far more to stave off coronary heart disase than gratitude.

-----------------------

Good one, traveler! (Seems you could be grateful for having good sense. Smiley Happy)

I'm going to be offline a few days, so let me toss a bevy of extra thoughts of gratitude out there: I'm thankful for good health. May I one day also have good sense. Smiley Happy

I'm grateful for our national parks, our state parks, our bike trails and the time to enjoy them.

I'm grateful for friends and family to hang out with and the kind reception of strangers.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good health neither comes cheap, nor is it easy.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 362 of 371 (3,793 Views)

Ok. I'll bite.

I'm grateful, although a better word might be 'lucky' or 'fortunate', that DW and I have planned and set goals for 40 years, then were able to achieve them, with no major setbacks. Things happen to people beyond their control that totally disrupt their lives. I'm grateful we had nothing major, and reached our goals.

But I still think running a few miles a day, and weight lifting, is doing far more to stave off coronary heart disase than gratitude.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 363 of 371 (3,831 Views)

I am grateful that I'm sort of winning the war against the aggressive vines, and have a relaxing morning at the hair salon! Smiley Happy

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

[ Edited ]
Message 364 of 371 (3,865 Views)

I am grateful for the promise of renewal that comes packaged in each dawn, each early morning opportunity to reassess, redirect and reinvent! Let's go get 'em! Rah!

Message 365 of 371 (3,897 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I'm grateful that although I was diagnosed with breast cancer 11 months ago, the treatment was surprisingly not too bad. Although I had to give up my workouts for a couple of months, I'm regaining my strength now. I'm grateful for that, because I spent an hour in 90 deg. weather yesterday afternoon, and another 45 minutes this morning, cutting a terrible overgrowth of vines on my property .. and plan to go out again after lunch!

This is fantastic news! Double hurrahs! Smiley Happy

Message 366 of 371 (3,907 Views)

bw95562019 wrote:

i'm grateful my son, daughter and grand daughter arrived home safe last night from their trip to florida

Hurrah!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 367 of 371 (3,922 Views)

I'm grateful that although I was diagnosed with breast cancer 11 months ago, the treatment was surprisingly not too bad. Although I had to give up my workouts for a couple of months, I'm regaining my strength now. I'm grateful for that, because I spent an hour in 90 deg. weather yesterday afternoon, and another 45 minutes this morning, cutting a terrible overgrowth of vines on my property .. and plan to go out again after lunch!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Super Social Butterfly

Message 368 of 371 (4,006 Views)

i'm grateful my son, daughter and grand daughter arrived home safe last night from their trip to florida

dont take life too serious

Message 369 of 371 (3,992 Views)
I'm also grateful for my morning walk.

Message 370 of 371 (3,990 Views)

Who wants to join me in creating an online Gratitude Journal? I’m thinking we can post a message of gratitude either daily, weekly, or as we are able, and all reap the benefits of one another's gratitude.

I'll start:

I'm grateful for coffee this morning. I'm also grateful for the numerous song birds outside my window.