Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 361 of 406 (1,163 Views)

I am grateful to have shopping nearby! Smiley Happy Making brownies & lamb meatballs for a "covered dish" tonight!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 362 of 406 (1,163 Views)

I am grateful for cool breezes felt at mountaintops, the immeasurable cuteness of baby cottontail rabbits and the nearby chatter of finches.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 363 of 406 (1,190 Views)

I am grateful for wild mushrooms, and the local mycological society. Our boletus season is in full swing. Hurrah! May every mushroom hunter fill his/her basket with ease.

And for you non-mushroom hunters: tundra wildflowers (usually over 11K) are a sight to behold: miniature, yet perfect in form. Visiting tundra produces unstoppable gratitude.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 364 of 406 (1,202 Views)

I am grateful to have a fit husband. This morning, DH fished a pair of 35 year old custom-made bicycling shorts out of his closet and pulled them on. They fit perfectly. (Then we zipped off to get in 15 miles on the bike trail: him on a unicycle, me on an adult trike before borrowing a pair of recumbents and getting in another 5 miles. Yay!)

35 y-o bike shorts that fit: RAWR!

Message 365 of 406 (1,213 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

A few months ago, I completed a 6-segment certificate program for nonprofit management. Although I have no intention of doing that in a paid positions, the material is very helpful for any volunteer work I might do!

Hurrah for learning! May your newly acquired knowledge benefit you and your region.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 366 of 406 (1,217 Views)

Good point, @epster! I'm grateful that my county college has an extensive program for "Lifelong Learning", as well as bus trips! A few months ago, I completed a 6-segment certificate program for nonprofit management. Although I have no intention of doing that in a paid positions, the material is very helpful for any volunteer work I might do!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 367 of 406 (1,147 Views)

I am beyond grateful that lifelong learning is not only possible, but fun, and envigorating.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 368 of 406 (1,162 Views)

hi wilful, enjoy the visit. they seem to grow so fast! and thanks epster i'm sure i will!

dont take life too serious

Message 369 of 406 (1,165 Views)

wilful wrote:

bw95562019 wrote:

i' grateful that we can talk about something other then politics! lol. but i'm really grateful that my 3 yr old grand daughter will be over this evening and i can spend some time with her.

Hi BW9 - Reading your posting reminded me of how grateful I am right now for having our 7 year old granddaughter staying here with us for a month.  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats (and enjoy the visit!) to you both.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 370 of 406 (1,175 Views)

bw95562019 wrote:

i' grateful that we can talk about something other then politics! lol. but i'm really grateful that my 3 yr old grand daughter will be over this evening and i can spend some time with her.

Hi BW9 - Reading your posting reminded me of how grateful I am right now for having our 7 year old granddaughter staying here with us for a month.  Smiley Very Happy