Senate Voting on Bad Health Care Bill Tomorrow! Watch Facebook Live at 9:30 a.m. ET for the Latest

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 361 of 466 (279 Views)

I am grateful that I can decide what I'm grateful for, "the complete package" or specific little things. Some times our legitimate problems make us question whether we are "grateful to be alive", and then it's nice to be able to just be grateful for things like the birds at the feeder!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Message 362 of 466 (284 Views)

Has anyone simply said, "I am grateful to be alive"?  Gratitude becomes a state of being, no object,  I am not grateful for this beautiful day or that weekend or my brother's visit, or my beautiful children. I am grateful for the entire package including those things that appear to be unpleasant.

Take, for example, a recent tenting exbedition to a beauthiful lake in the Smoky Mountains.  By everyday standards the whole thing was a complete bust, never even took the boat out on the water and had to pack it in eaqrlt on the last day due to rain.  What was beautiful about the failure of a few trivial events was the fact that it was not felt as such.  We simply went forward without complaint and did what was needed. Don't judge an event just becaise it went counter to your plan.

Message 363 of 466 (301 Views)
LaDolceVita wrote:

And I thought only the southeastern US was prone to this kind of overgrowth!!  I anvy the 80 degree weather.

I have a friend in SC, so I know how much hotter it is in other places, than in NJ!

I'm amazed I don't have kudzo too .. I don't think! I also have sumac; one sapling has grown up in 5 years, blocking my view of the river .. that's GOT to go!!

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 364 of 466 (312 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I am grateful that I have the stamina to keep working on large vines that have been choking my trees! Even in 80 degree weather, I was totally covered head-to-toe, because there's poison ivy on the property, not to mention mosquitoes (thru your clothes even!).

These vines have become something of an obsession, as if I were helping someone clean up a hoarding situation .. show no mercy! Smiley Happy

And I thought only the southeastern US was prone to this kind of overgrowth!!  I anvy the 80 degree weather.

vita umbratilis

[ Edited ]
Message 365 of 466 (319 Views)

I have another thing to be grateful for: not only is our smoky air* finally clearing, but the organic herbal meds I prepared for DH are holding his allergies at bay.

*caused by wildfires in this and other western states.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 366 of 466 (318 Views)

@ASTRAEA Here's sending you carload lots of stamina! (P.S. You rock!)

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 367 of 466 (580 Views)

Erp ... it is either a typo OR a tea garden filled with toads. Your choice. Smiley Wink

Message 368 of 466 (579 Views)

@epster - Yes, some is Virginia creeper .. but that's a piece of cake, compared to rambling roses, with its thorns! I also have wisteria that's overgrown a large holly tree. Even thought the landscapers cut the "vine" (can you even call it a "vine, if it's > 2" thick & woody?) near the bottom of the tree, that thick woody portion is so wound around branches, I can't pull it out!

I also have ivy, which virtually welds itself to the bark of any tree it climbs!

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 369 of 466 (584 Views)

epster wrote:

ASTRAEA wrote:

I am grateful that I have the stamina to keep working on large vines that have been choking my trees! Even in 80 degree weather, I was totally covered head-to-toe, because there's poison ivy on the property, not to mention mosquitoes (thru your clothes even!).

These vines have become something of an obsession, as if I were helping someone clean up a hoarding situation .. show no mercy! Smiley Happy

Go go go go go! (<- standing ovation for your stamina)

Is that Virginia creeper? If so, I empathize. I have some in one of the tead gardens ... tough to control!

OK Epster - you got me!  Even after googling it - it's still not making sense for me...  What on earth is a "tead" garden.   Man Frustrated

Message 370 of 466 (587 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

Go go go go go! (<- standing ovation for your stamina)

Is that Virginia creeper? If so, I empathize. I have some in one of the tead gardens ... tough to control!