The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Eating Healthy Everyday!!

Message 11 of 23 (2,085 Views)
Yes, us too - 100% Vegan & no one believes our age - big benefits in health are the bonus for respecting all living things & our beautiful planet!
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 23 (2,431 Views)

I like and agree with your approach. No single food, vitamin or potion has ever been the 'answer' for me. Rather a healthy balanced diet, a balanced approach to life including a healthy lifestyle and stress management have been the formula for me. I have been advised to stay away from flaxseed due to side effects by my homeopathic Dr.  

Epster wrote:

@sunday46 To your improved health!  Huzzbah!

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 23 (2,089 Views)

As an engineer who has dealt with complex systems with multiple variables for 40+ years my guess is the authors of the French Fry study have found correlation but not causality.  To conduct this study properly one should have a random (age, gender, BMI, etc) group to whom you randomly assigned consumption of either French Fries or, say, an equal caloric amount of boiled potatoes and followed their health for perhaps 10 years.  Otherwise, all the cofactors will make finding causality impossible.  They touch on this by recognizing that eating French Fries likely correlates with other factors like more general unhealthy esting.  So, I'll categorize this as pseudo science aimed at a 'political' agenda.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 23 (1,896 Views)

Amen!  Another undoubtably poorly conducted study to prove the authors bias.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 23 (1,984 Views)

I eat exactly the same way and truly believe that this dietary regime is very benificial for all people.

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 23 (2,058 Views)
We eat an organic plant based diet - nothing with a mother or a face. It is delicious and hopefully a healthy choice. Would never go back to eating the SAD diet, we do not take any Rx and grateful for that.
Info Seeker

Message 17 of 23 (2,975 Views)
YES----------------- however Money is always a concern.
Info Seeker

Message 18 of 23 (2,232 Views)
Yes, money is a concern.
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 23 (3,067 Views)

I don't remember it, but I have been told that my first non-baby food snack was a french fry. I am now 75 years old and I ain't dead yet! I am convinced that one day some "scientist" is going to come out with a study that states oxygen is deadly!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 23 (3,399 Views)

Calhounwoman wrote:

Flaxseed meal has been the best health food staple in my kitchen. Over the years I have discovered so many ways to include it in my meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks); whether I'm baking, juicing, sautéing, grilling, roasting, etc., flaxseed meal always adds flavor and never disappointes my tastebuds!

Menopause has been barely a blip on my health radar-thankfully.

At 60, I'm still waiting for the hot flashes to attack.  After testing my estrogen levels,  my doctor suggested that I may not have the same experiences that other women in my family are going through.  Whew...I hope that proves to be true.

@Calhounwoman Oh do let us know how that goes! I'm 58 and out of menopause already, and I didn't use flaxseed meal --though I would have had I known it would reduce hot flashes. Instead I made motherwort tincture. That stopped heart palpitations and hot flashes in seconds.

DH used flaxseed more than me: he adds it to everything.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving