Medicare Open Enrollment Ends Today. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Do you exercise regularly?

Message 1 of 43 (1,702 Views)
Absolutely because of that my body looks great for my age. I have less back pain and good endurance. I found a great skin product thanks to my wife. Now my goal is to look as young as she does for her age. You have for to workout and be consistent as it has great health benefits. Find a good partner to motivate you.
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 43 (1,706 Views)
Absolutely because if that my body looks great for my age. I have less back pain and good endurance. I found a great skin product thanks to my wife. Now my goal is to look as young as she dies for her age. You have for to workout and be consistent as it has great health benefits. Find a good partner to motivate you.
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 43 (2,171 Views)

I am 61 and just started exercising (2 1/2 mo.) at the gym.  I do my workouts 3-4 days/wk. 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 4 of 43 (2,454 Views)

Hey there all you active exercisers! The Care4YouToo Community Contest over in the Caregiving community section can use you! Post a picture of you accomplishing one of your fitness goals, or share a tip, or state one of your goals. You are all so motivating. Think how you could help support and share wisdom with overwhelmed, overextended caregivers who want to be healthier, yet have high stress and time demands. Hope to see you over there!

Kymberly Williams-Evans
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 43 (2,730 Views)

Hey...nothing freaky there!  

I'm 66 and usually walk/run 2.5 miles every other day.  In between I lift small weights to keep my arm strength up.  That has been great for cross country skiing as I can really push off.  It's important for women to stay active as we lose muscle at a pretty good clip.  My 94 year old mothers always says "keep moving!"  It's her way of dealing with arthritis.  I do believe humans were made to move and the more we move the better it will be for our health.  One of teh activities I do with my students is have them assess their overall fitness.  That can be done using the VO2 max calculator.  (link) http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/vo2max-calculator.aspx

I'm a believer in moving as it is supported by research on both the brain and the body.  

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 43 (2,736 Views)

Yes, stretch everyday when I get up

Work a routine of machines every other day

Go for walks or bike rides in when possible

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 43 (2,743 Views)

I am 67 years old and I exercise daily.  I walk 4.5 miles a day, 6-7 days a week, averaging anywhere from a 12 to 12.75 minute mile.  I also lift weights for about an hour three days a week.  Once or twice a month I take a day off and don't do anything.  This gives my body a chance to recharge.  The exercise coupled with an organic vegan diet has given me my own "Fountain of Youth."

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 43 (2,771 Views)

I'm a 74 year old man, i lift weights 5 days a week,M W F upper body, T Th lower,

right now i kayak at least 2 days a week, most times at least 6 to 10 miles, in the winter i hike and snowshoe, i just added weights to my bench presses and dumbells, i know it has to stop someday, but for now it's all good, oh did i forget i go dancing at least two nights a week

jonzz  

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 43 (2,774 Views)

I'm a 78 year old male who works out 5-7 days a week.  I rotate 3.5-4.5 mile runs with walking every other day.  I do a 5K race once a week, if there is one!  I have done between 500-750 5K races over about 40 years of running.  It always makes me feel better when I can get out and exercise. 

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 43 (2,780 Views)
I'm a disabled 52 year old woman and I also belong to the Y. I can be found almost every day in the therapy pool doing stretching and cardio exercizes. Due yo medical isssues I cannot workout on land