Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Message 41 of 53 (1,741 Views)

Love getting up first thing in the morning, 5:00; When the air is crisp and it's not too hot or too cold.  I am such a early bird.Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Message 42 of 53 (1,690 Views)

I'm 78 and since retirement at 60 I get up early to play golf. My buddies and I are the first ones off the tee. Usually around 5:30, so I get up at 4:30. Love to finish golf early [usually in 3hrs.] then I have to whole day to get in trouble!!! 

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 53 (1,619 Views)

I am a morning person,I love to think about how to handle myself on a job interveiw;cause going to monrning interveiw is a good way to go. I get up early morning and watch tv, and nap all day.
Sarah M.

AARPTeri wrote:

There used to be such a sterotype for those over 60.  I think about how my 83 year old mother doesn't fit this stereotype at all as she is and always has been a night owl.  How about you?

Info Seeker

Message 44 of 53 (1,565 Views)

I'm 64 (soon to be 65) and I've always been an early bird. I usually am awake by 6:30 in the morning and I tend to go to bed anywhere from 10:30 to 11:30 pm. I thought that once I retired I would sleep in a little longer in the morning, but it's automatic.

Conversationalist

Message 45 of 53 (1,608 Views)

After I retired, I let my body decide what pattern of sleep and wake up it wanted without pressure to be up and moving at a set time. Now that I have been doing it for a year, I can say that most of the time, I get up (without an alarm) as soon as first light. I hate the short days of winter as the light comes up late and it gets dark earlier. I have been using my neighbor's light as a guide to get up before it gets light outside. I make a point of getting up and dressed and take a quick walk to the street every morning to see the sky or at least poke my head outside if weather is bad.I feel the day is wasted if I stay in and sleep later as I try to be in bed by 11 or 12 pm no matter how late I got up. For those days , I can't fall asleep (prior to a storm), I get out a book and read until sleepy and still get up early.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 46 of 53 (1,587 Views)

I used to be a night owl.  When I was in college, I worked at night and didn't get home until after midnight.  In the summers when I didn't have to get up for school, I would get up at noon (I would have slept later, but All My Children started at noon).  But now, I'm a morning person.  I go to bed early and am always up by 5:00 without an alarm.

Conversationalist

Message 47 of 53 (1,587 Views)

I often stay up until after midnight and like to sleep until 9 or 10 in the mornig. My husband is the opposite; in bed by 9 and up at 5:30. I'm 85 and he's 63.

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 53 (1,606 Views)
I'm 82 years old and have always been a light owl. There are times when I get up before 6 am. I often get a nap and still stay up passed 12:30pm.
Info Seeker

Message 49 of 53 (1,458 Views)

I am definitely a night owl.  I had to switch my habits to join a vanpool in my area, but I fight it all week.  My mind and body want to stay up late and then the alarm goes off at 4:45 AM and I pay the price if I dont get to sleep by 9:30 PM.  The vanpool is relatively cheap to ride from a $ standpoint, but it does take its toll on my energy level and my spirit.  Luckily I get to work from home two days a week or I would be a mess by the weekend.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 53 (1,610 Views)

“The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese”

6am has always been early enough for me to roll out of the sack and start looking for that cheese.