Latest Update on the Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Info Seeker

Re: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Message 31 of 44 (929 Views)

I am a morning person. The older I get, it seems, I arise and retire earlier. I enjoy the peace and quite of the morning. I am able to accomplish my tasks for the day and still have time to do what I want. Being a widow the nights are long and lonely so I just get it done as soon as I can. 

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 44 (909 Views)

Love getting up first thing in the morning, 5:00; When the air is crisp and it's not too hot or too cold.  I am such a early bird.Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Message 33 of 44 (859 Views)

I'm 78 and since retirement at 60 I get up early to play golf. My buddies and I are the first ones off the tee. Usually around 5:30, so I get up at 4:30. Love to finish golf early [usually in 3hrs.] then I have to whole day to get in trouble!!! 

Info Seeker

Message 34 of 44 (802 Views)

I am a morning person,I love to think about how to handle myself on a job interveiw;cause going to monrning interveiw is a good way to go. I get up early morning and watch tv, and nap all day.
Sarah M.

AARPTeri wrote:

There used to be such a sterotype for those over 60.  I think about how my 83 year old mother doesn't fit this stereotype at all as she is and always has been a night owl.  How about you?

Info Seeker

Message 35 of 44 (748 Views)

I'm 64 (soon to be 65) and I've always been an early bird. I usually am awake by 6:30 in the morning and I tend to go to bed anywhere from 10:30 to 11:30 pm. I thought that once I retired I would sleep in a little longer in the morning, but it's automatic.

Conversationalist

Message 36 of 44 (806 Views)

After I retired, I let my body decide what pattern of sleep and wake up it wanted without pressure to be up and moving at a set time. Now that I have been doing it for a year, I can say that most of the time, I get up (without an alarm) as soon as first light. I hate the short days of winter as the light comes up late and it gets dark earlier. I have been using my neighbor's light as a guide to get up before it gets light outside. I make a point of getting up and dressed and take a quick walk to the street every morning to see the sky or at least poke my head outside if weather is bad.I feel the day is wasted if I stay in and sleep later as I try to be in bed by 11 or 12 pm no matter how late I got up. For those days , I can't fall asleep (prior to a storm), I get out a book and read until sleepy and still get up early.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 37 of 44 (801 Views)

I used to be a night owl.  When I was in college, I worked at night and didn't get home until after midnight.  In the summers when I didn't have to get up for school, I would get up at noon (I would have slept later, but All My Children started at noon).  But now, I'm a morning person.  I go to bed early and am always up by 5:00 without an alarm.

Conversationalist

Message 38 of 44 (796 Views)

I often stay up until after midnight and like to sleep until 9 or 10 in the mornig. My husband is the opposite; in bed by 9 and up at 5:30. I'm 85 and he's 63.

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 44 (815 Views)
I'm 82 years old and have always been a light owl. There are times when I get up before 6 am. I often get a nap and still stay up passed 12:30pm.
Info Seeker

Message 40 of 44 (669 Views)

I am definitely a night owl.  I had to switch my habits to join a vanpool in my area, but I fight it all week.  My mind and body want to stay up late and then the alarm goes off at 4:45 AM and I pay the price if I dont get to sleep by 9:30 PM.  The vanpool is relatively cheap to ride from a $ standpoint, but it does take its toll on my energy level and my spirit.  Luckily I get to work from home two days a week or I would be a mess by the weekend.