Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Info Seeker

Re: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Message 31 of 48 (922 Views)

Both in sleep 2 hrs then up an hour then 2 hrs. ...I hate having all my issues. ...I want my life back 

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 48 (904 Views)

Definitely a night owl!  I get sleepy around 3 or 4 in the morning and sleep a few hours, then am up and going again.  Never been one to sleep much.  Makes for long nights sometimes.  It was sure tough working, because I worked days in an office!  

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 48 (892 Views)

I'm a night person.

Info Seeker

Message 34 of 48 (996 Views)

Actually I can be both.  I'm 58 and still working so there are times I wake up at 5:30 but don't go to bed until 11:30 or 12pm.  It all depends on my day.

Info Seeker

Message 35 of 48 (995 Views)

I am a morning person. The older I get, it seems, I arise and retire earlier. I enjoy the peace and quite of the morning. I am able to accomplish my tasks for the day and still have time to do what I want. Being a widow the nights are long and lonely so I just get it done as soon as I can. 

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 48 (975 Views)

Love getting up first thing in the morning, 5:00; When the air is crisp and it's not too hot or too cold.  I am such a early bird.Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Message 37 of 48 (925 Views)

I'm 78 and since retirement at 60 I get up early to play golf. My buddies and I are the first ones off the tee. Usually around 5:30, so I get up at 4:30. Love to finish golf early [usually in 3hrs.] then I have to whole day to get in trouble!!! 

Info Seeker

Message 38 of 48 (868 Views)

I am a morning person,I love to think about how to handle myself on a job interveiw;cause going to monrning interveiw is a good way to go. I get up early morning and watch tv, and nap all day.
Sarah M.

AARPTeri wrote:

There used to be such a sterotype for those over 60.  I think about how my 83 year old mother doesn't fit this stereotype at all as she is and always has been a night owl.  How about you?

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 48 (814 Views)

I'm 64 (soon to be 65) and I've always been an early bird. I usually am awake by 6:30 in the morning and I tend to go to bed anywhere from 10:30 to 11:30 pm. I thought that once I retired I would sleep in a little longer in the morning, but it's automatic.

Conversationalist

Message 40 of 48 (872 Views)

After I retired, I let my body decide what pattern of sleep and wake up it wanted without pressure to be up and moving at a set time. Now that I have been doing it for a year, I can say that most of the time, I get up (without an alarm) as soon as first light. I hate the short days of winter as the light comes up late and it gets dark earlier. I have been using my neighbor's light as a guide to get up before it gets light outside. I make a point of getting up and dressed and take a quick walk to the street every morning to see the sky or at least poke my head outside if weather is bad.I feel the day is wasted if I stay in and sleep later as I try to be in bed by 11 or 12 pm no matter how late I got up. For those days , I can't fall asleep (prior to a storm), I get out a book and read until sleepy and still get up early.