Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

[ Edited ]
Message 21 of 53 (1,868 Views)

I'm definitely a night owl, no traffic going to and comming back from work. Store are opened 24hrs, I see the sunrise many times a month, never the sunset, until daylight savings time changes again.

But I love my night time!

Conversationalist

Message 22 of 53 (1,993 Views)

I used to be a night owl, having worked the night shift for 25 yrs. Now, being retired, i guess i'm a morning person. I love seeing the sun rise & the sun set.

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 53 (2,167 Views)

I have to say I used to be a

morning person when working dayshift. Then I worked nightshift.

It was difficult to fall asleep after working nights; getting to bed around 9 am.

So now I am a night owl. Staying up until 3 or 4 am and then sleeping about 8- 8 1/2 hours most of the time.

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 53 (2,150 Views)

I have to say I used to be a morni g person when working dayshift. Then I worked nightshift

It was difficult to fall asleep after working nights; getting to bed around 9 am.

So now I am a night owl. Staying up until 3 or 4 am and then sleeping about 8- 8 1/2 hours most of the time.

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 53 (2,307 Views)

Yes. Well documented studies show long term deleterious effects on health from chronic sleep deprivation. Studies also show optimal sleep for adults is 7-8 hours. I have always felt my best on 6 hours of sleep ( provided it is uninterrupted sleep ). I can function on 4-5 hours of sleep but always feel low on energy especially with 4 hours of sleep. I am much less focused on lower sleep amounts and don't get much accomplished because I am easily distracted on less sleep. This leads to general dissatisfaction with myself for wasting so much time/ not doing the things I want to do on any given day. I wish I was one of those people who do best on lower sleep amounts.  

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 53 (2,224 Views)

Conversationist,  My doctors have tried!  My brain cannot be trained!  Even tried hypnotism!  Nothing has worked!  Finally, my neurologist told me to stay on my sleep medication and try to get at least four hours unbroken sleep.  Most nights I a can accomplished this, if I can in unwind properly with the routine I must use.  I've never had 8 hours straight of natural sleep.  My Mom told me I did not even sleep more than 3 hours as a baby.  I know I am an exception.  The last MRI of my brain show no strokes or damage as of yet.  I am 65.  So, so far so good.  I have noticed that in the last year I have been able to take a natural occurring nap at about 4:00 PM in the afternoon, for about 2 hours.  It is a wonderful feeling!  Natural sleep.  Now I understand just how wonderful natural sleep is to awake from!  I envy anyone who can fall asleep naturally!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 27 of 53 (2,088 Views)

It's okay to be a Night owl but make sure you get enough sleep, like 8 hours otherwise your brain will eventually have a stroke.

my husband only slept 2 or 3 hours a day and had 197 strokes in his brain, no kidding, finally his right side of his body became paralyzed.  He never recovered and went down hill after that.

Sometimes, it's difficult to sleep but just think of a beautiful place to go and soon your brain will fall asleep.

Train your brain!!!

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 53 (2,111 Views)

Definitely a night owl! I'm usually up until about 2am, get up between 9-10 am. Sometimes on weekends I'll sleep in until my dog wakes me up. Luckily, my work hours are flexible. I have friends who are up at the crack of dawn, no matter how hard they try to sleep in because they are so used to being up that early. 

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 53 (2,088 Views)

I'm both. I've stayed up late about 5 days out of the week and an early riser every day. 

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 53 (2,045 Views)

I am definitely a morning person. I definitely need my beauty sleep. I'm most energized during morning hours. Ninety eight percent of the time, anytime after 8:00 P.M., I am dead to the world.