Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Conversationalist

Re: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Message 11 of 48 (954 Views)

I'm a night owl . Use be  a morning person that change because I use to be a  club dancer back in the last 80's my ex boyfriend own club. I'm favorite music always be house music. Even so I don't dance like that anymore but .I still reminisce the good times that I have . Don't get me wrong I still have that party and like have fun attitude .I'll always be that club dance girl forever. Even so I'm 52 and soon be 53 in May 23 

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 48 (1,137 Views)

I am a night person 

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 48 (1,138 Views)

I am a nig

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 48 (1,225 Views)

We were up late last night chatting with other recumbent cyclists ... this morning I slept in to a few minutes past 5.

Seriously hopeless, that's me. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Silver Conversationalist

Message 15 of 48 (1,192 Views)

I am a night owl, as a nurse I worked from 1900 until 0730 am in a cardiac unit. I still am awake most of the night watching TV, on my computer and reading. I shop at night in the surround area there are stores open 24 hours.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 48 (1,222 Views)

I'm definitely a night owl, no traffic going to and comming back from work. Store are opened 24hrs, I see the sunrise many times a month, never the sunset, until daylight savings time changes again.

But I love my night time!

Conversationalist

Message 17 of 48 (1,348 Views)

I used to be a night owl, having worked the night shift for 25 yrs. Now, being retired, i guess i'm a morning person. I love seeing the sun rise & the sun set.

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 48 (1,522 Views)

I have to say I used to be a

morning person when working dayshift. Then I worked nightshift.

It was difficult to fall asleep after working nights; getting to bed around 9 am.

So now I am a night owl. Staying up until 3 or 4 am and then sleeping about 8- 8 1/2 hours most of the time.

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 48 (1,505 Views)

I have to say I used to be a morni g person when working dayshift. Then I worked nightshift

It was difficult to fall asleep after working nights; getting to bed around 9 am.

So now I am a night owl. Staying up until 3 or 4 am and then sleeping about 8- 8 1/2 hours most of the time.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 48 (1,661 Views)

Yes. Well documented studies show long term deleterious effects on health from chronic sleep deprivation. Studies also show optimal sleep for adults is 7-8 hours. I have always felt my best on 6 hours of sleep ( provided it is uninterrupted sleep ). I can function on 4-5 hours of sleep but always feel low on energy especially with 4 hours of sleep. I am much less focused on lower sleep amounts and don't get much accomplished because I am easily distracted on less sleep. This leads to general dissatisfaction with myself for wasting so much time/ not doing the things I want to do on any given day. I wish I was one of those people who do best on lower sleep amounts.