Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Conversationalist

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 81 of 437 (1,594 Views)

I want a Fitbit to monitor my excercise habits d help me loose weight.

Info Seeker

Message 82 of 437 (1,520 Views)

I hope this is where you enter to win the Fitbit. I could really use it. I joined Weight Watchers a few months ago, doing great and walking everyday but need a Fitbit to monitor my steps and distance. 

Info Seeker

Message 83 of 437 (1,374 Views)

Starting in 2012 at age 59, I lost 80 pounds with slow changes to diet and exercise.  I know enjoy walking, hiking and kayaking.  So - I say "Do it!"  Get out and get active and stay that way every day!  The more you do, the more you will want to do and the more you will enjoy it.    Start slow and add a little bit each week as you can.  The benefits are so much more than what the scale says. 

Conversationalist

Message 84 of 437 (1,070 Views)

Hi - please give the Fitbit to the person with Rheumatoid Arthritis - thank you1

Info Seeker

Message 85 of 437 (1,035 Views)

After years of being a coach potato, I started exercising at age 69! I'm going to be 70 next month and am the fittest I've ever been. Walking Yoga Zumba Swimming. A Fitbit would so help with keeping track and motivation. Younger self...why didn't you move? Might have saved hip replacements and back surgery. 

Info Seeker

Message 86 of 437 (1,070 Views)

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis-severe.  The fitbit would help me be sure I am moving enough - steps, etc. - to keep my joints fluid and keep an eye on heartrate, etc.  I am living on disability and cannot afford to buy one myself.  This would absolutely assist me in a better quality of living knowing I am walking enough and so on.

Info Seeker

Message 87 of 437 (1,175 Views)

My wife has a fitbit and she has been an important part of her journey to good health.  If I win the fitbit, I would give it to her (it would be an upgrade) and she'll give me her old one to get started with.  Definately a win-win situattion.

Info Seeker

Message 88 of 437 (1,173 Views)
I think you have to post.
Info Seeker

Message 89 of 437 (1,290 Views)

Although I have exercised almost daily since I've been 30, I would inform my younger self tolerance to eat healthier early on, avoiding processed foods at all costs. Ensuring to eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily. Of course there will be special days or hard days, don't beat myself up because tomorrow will be a whole new day!

Conversationalist

Message 90 of 437 (1,498 Views)

Please don't stop trying to find out what's going on because your body is trying to tell you something is wrong.  Check for sleep apnea, your respiratory system as well as your thyroid system.  You may just be one of those people who get nervous at check time, so if you don't have a machine at home please invest in one.  Check and record your results at home because just being in the doctors office could be throwing you off.  Good luck!!!