Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 61 of 364 (1,459 Views)

Younger self-  Listen to that PE teacher you had in school!  Exercise is good for you even though you had to messup your hair and makeup in classSmiley Happy  Eat right and move, younger self!!!

Info Seeker

Message 62 of 364 (1,268 Views)

I would tell my younger self, Thank the good Lord for everyday and love yourself first.  Then take a jog and work the rest of the day.  Your family will love you for your efforts.

Info Seeker

Message 63 of 364 (1,009 Views)

Younger self - skip that candy bar at the check out lane.  Walk more, eat more green, stop having pop at your meals.  Take time to laugh.  An evening walk with your spouse will be perfect way to end your day.

Info Seeker

Message 64 of 364 (1,067 Views)

protect yourself from the sun, learn to snack on fruits and veggies and learn ways to love them, keep active doing things you love outside and indoors as well, and have a full social life to sustain you.

Info Seeker

Message 65 of 364 (953 Views)

Oh, younger self, are you in for a wild ride! 

Younger self - I have a secret to share, one that will help you enjoy life (more) to the fullest. A secret that you DO need to hear. Protect yourself from the sun more, wear that baseball cap. Keep fit, don't go crazy - enjoy being active.

Be mindful of the amount of sugar and fast food you'll consume and over indulge in hugs, smiles, compliments to others, and love for family and friends.

Younger self, listen to your body, your thoughts and enjoy the years to come - they'll be a blast!

Brenda Magee

Info Seeker

Message 66 of 364 (820 Views)

I would tell myself to walk and exercise everyday and to eat mostly fruit and veggies.

Conversationalist

Message 67 of 364 (979 Views)

Well said!

Info Seeker

Message 68 of 364 (845 Views)

I enjoyed the Be Healthy edition, however it would be easier to read if the content pages fit to the tablet screen. Too much scrolling and clicking is required to read everything. I prefer to just turn the page. 🤓

Info Seeker

Message 69 of 364 (830 Views)

I enjoyed the latest Health and Wellness issue.

If I were able to go back to my younger days, I would make every effort to establish a daily meditation routine to alleviate stress and allow for mindfullness. In addition, I would say, "Yes!" to  more opportunities that came my way, especially travel, in order to build character within myself and open my eyes to the world. 

Conversationalist

Message 70 of 364 (1,130 Views)
Yes, a very good article and very important information.