How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 51 of 353 (1,254 Views)

I would tell my younger self, Thank the good Lord for everyday and love yourself first.  Then take a jog and work the rest of the day.  Your family will love you for your efforts.

Info Seeker

Message 52 of 353 (994 Views)

Younger self - skip that candy bar at the check out lane.  Walk more, eat more green, stop having pop at your meals.  Take time to laugh.  An evening walk with your spouse will be perfect way to end your day.

Info Seeker

Message 53 of 353 (1,059 Views)

protect yourself from the sun, learn to snack on fruits and veggies and learn ways to love them, keep active doing things you love outside and indoors as well, and have a full social life to sustain you.

Info Seeker

Message 54 of 353 (945 Views)

Oh, younger self, are you in for a wild ride! 

Younger self - I have a secret to share, one that will help you enjoy life (more) to the fullest. A secret that you DO need to hear. Protect yourself from the sun more, wear that baseball cap. Keep fit, don't go crazy - enjoy being active.

Be mindful of the amount of sugar and fast food you'll consume and over indulge in hugs, smiles, compliments to others, and love for family and friends.

Younger self, listen to your body, your thoughts and enjoy the years to come - they'll be a blast!

Brenda Magee

Info Seeker

Message 55 of 353 (812 Views)

I would tell myself to walk and exercise everyday and to eat mostly fruit and veggies.

Conversationalist

Message 56 of 353 (971 Views)

Well said!

Info Seeker

Message 57 of 353 (837 Views)

I enjoyed the Be Healthy edition, however it would be easier to read if the content pages fit to the tablet screen. Too much scrolling and clicking is required to read everything. I prefer to just turn the page. 🤓

Info Seeker

Message 58 of 353 (822 Views)

I enjoyed the latest Health and Wellness issue.

If I were able to go back to my younger days, I would make every effort to establish a daily meditation routine to alleviate stress and allow for mindfullness. In addition, I would say, "Yes!" to  more opportunities that came my way, especially travel, in order to build character within myself and open my eyes to the world. 

Conversationalist

Message 59 of 353 (1,122 Views)
Yes, a very good article and very important information.
Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 60 of 353 (1,181 Views)

Loved the article on how to read the new nutrition labels. I would have told my younger self to read the nutriton labels better; never realized how much sodium & sugar I was consuming. I am much more careful about that now! Also learned about serving sizes from the labels & realized I was eating way too much food per serving. Now I know better & the new labels will be a big help in the future. 

I have the FitBit Zip but would love to win the FitBit Charge 2. Good luck to everyone!