Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 41 of 437 (2,504 Views)

I have a pedometer but remembering to clip it onto my waistband in the morning is an impossible task, and even more so when I don't have a waistband to clip it to.  A fitbit that lives on my wrist, that I don't have to take off at bedtime, would fit the bill.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 42 of 437 (2,484 Views)

Dear Younger Self:  I know you are very strong with boundless energy. You believe there is no purpose in taking a walk unless there is a worthy destination and that seems to have been your mantra for life, sadly.  I also know that you are so young that you don't know yourself, but as your older self, I know you very well. I know how you think and what you think. You believe that getting old is a conscious decision and in hindsight it is, but it is not always a clear and instant choice.  One does not simply decide to walk with a shuffle, or verbally grunt when getting out of a chair.  Making the choice to sit in a chair day after day instead of being active is the choice that disables your youth and it activates your personal interpretation of being old.  Make the choice to be active because you like being active, you really do!  Take walks every day, not just to get somewhere, but to be able to retain the skill of walking. Young self, you have believed that walking for the sake of walking was a waste of time and effort. What is more true is that the exercise of walking keeps you strong and young.  Learn to swim and swim laps; lots of them.  You will be sad and regret that you didn't learn to do it while you are young, because underneath all that fear of water, is a deep love of being in and moving through the water.  There's a mermaid within you, as you will discover sooner or later, I promise.  Take up biking, and invest in a good bike and you will never regret it. With a good bike, bicycling will be fun and most certainly more enjoyable.  You don't know this about yourself, but you love bike riding!  Take up competitions and challenges starting with the 1 mile walk, with sights set on eventually competing in the 5K, 10K or more runs. If you wait until you are 60, you will find out that you still have a lot of potential to take on some challenges in milder form but you will always wonder, with sadness, what you might have accomplished if you had only started when you were much younger.  Do some squats, planks, and other fitness exercises, along with strength, flexability, balance, and cardio exercise. Learn about the muscles and how to make them your beast!  If I, who am 60, can do 160 squats a day, imaging what I can do if you start doing squats at a young age!    Go to the Y and invest the time, money, and effort, into yourself.  Learn about nutrition and stay away from junk food and sugar in all forms. Spend some time learning stress identification and management; it has been an area of weaknss. Take better care of yourself; you will have a busy life with lots of challenges ahead and many dreams to fulfill.  Love, Me

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 437 (2,514 Views)

I have COPD and Afib.  Breathing using the Pure Pulse method with the Fitbit Charge 2 would help me.

Info Seeker

Message 44 of 437 (2,570 Views)

I'm in my 50's and have been eating unhealthy for years. I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and am was on medication.   I bought myself a Fitbit and began exercising and started making better food choices. I am happy to say that My cholesterol is now in the normal range.  But...... my Fitbit broke!  I used my Fitbit to motivate me to exercise. Ugh.... I can't afford a new one.   Winning a Fitbit will get me going again.   

Info Seeker

Message 45 of 437 (2,488 Views)

I have cardiac and respiratory issues and I would feel much more confident and push myself more if I had the backup of knowing my physical exertion level throughout the day with a Fitbit. Please help me stay as active as possible.

Info Seeker

Message 46 of 437 (2,026 Views)

I think I'd be a LOT more active if I had a FitBit to keep track of my movement.  I'm too sedentary, and would make more of an effort to move around if I could quantify it.

Info Seeker

Message 47 of 437 (1,648 Views)

I have 56 yrs and I am suffering from hypothyroidism. How can I lose weight with this condition.

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 437 (1,596 Views)

In the past 10 years I have had 2 heart attacks and 2 knee replacements. Getting motivated to get out there can sometimes be difficult when my knees don't want to cooperate. My daughter has one and keeps asking me to walk with her. I am 35 lbs overweight and need to get off some of the meds I take (9) all for heart or blood pressure. I think winning this fit bit would give me some motivation. Thanks for listening.

Info Seeker

Message 49 of 437 (1,518 Views)

Would like to give a fitbit to my mom who's 78, she needs to get moving for her health and well being. 

This will definitely get her started. Thanks.

Info Seeker

Message 50 of 437 (1,728 Views)

I seriously need one of these having been diagnosed with diabetes.