How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 31 of 437 (1,173 Views)

I would love to win a Fitbit.   I have decided that I have to lose some weight and after reading the great digital health edition of the aarp magazine I know that this device would assist me in my endeavor.  

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 437 (1,193 Views)

I have a Nike band now and it doesn't really do much. Hopefully a fitbit would keep me motavated while I'm on the tredmill or riding my bike. I'm in my early 50's and wondered how all those years I stayed slim. It was all the dancing and basketball. I danced the weekend and it felt good. Now I just have to put some air in my basketball and get back out there. I did notice a little tingling in my knee the last time, and I've never had any knee injury or problems. I think fitbit should give everyone one who response to this article and do some research on us that have been fortunate enough to reach this age and still be able to excercise. Keeping track of what we eat, our water intake, excercise... is important and if fitbit has a band to help I need it. The fitbit will be my second memory because the first one needs help.

Ms. J

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 437 (1,281 Views)

Would love to win the Fitbit. Exercise is so important to keep a healthy body and mind.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 34 of 437 (1,269 Views)

We can very much determine how we age though.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 35 of 437 (1,249 Views)

It is all about what we need and want you know. we have to want something bad enough before we really need it.  OR, we have to really need something before we really want it, like our health.

Although, we don't want to age, we need to, and so it goes take care or yourself: Today, Tomorrow and Always and the aging will take care of itself. Afterall, it is just a number**

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 36 of 437 (1,742 Views)

Whoo Hoo you gotta admit a fitbit is a motivator. We must become the creator. I become a "Curious George" and wonder how many steps have I taken today shopping for groceries,  or what is my blood pressure doing as I have just completed an hour on the push mower. What fun.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 37 of 437 (2,311 Views)
Thank you.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 38 of 437 (2,457 Views)

Absolutely fantastic, well-written, well thought out article.  I think it will inspire everyone, both young and old.  You have a great attitude and positive outlook on life.  Be well, keep fit, and continue to inspire others.  We need more people who are positive, like you are, and less who are negative and have an "I can't" attitude.  Everyone will be happier and healthier both physically, mentally, and emotionally.  From an "older than you" woman with severe medical disabilities, but who keeps on running no matter how much or how little I can do, but I still think "I can do", and I do!!

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 437 (2,559 Views)
I am only 34, and going threw one hell of a year, and I just wanna say thanks, this was so rad to read as I SIT here on my porch drinking my coffee, wondering how I'm gonna loose this dreadful 20lbs ....cause if I loose the weight I'll be more confident, my hubby will love me more, I'll get my job back and everything will kick ass Smiley Happy (PMF)
(I deprive my home of fast food and any manufactured edibles) I was raised in a home where my momma made every meal....thanks for such an inspiring reading , as I wake up the kids to go Hiking....
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 40 of 437 (2,501 Views)

Quantify!   Well put!

hgroopman wrote:

I think I'd be a LOT more active if I had a FitBit to keep track of my movement.  I'm too sedentary, and would make more of an effort to move around if I could quant