How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Gold Conversationalist

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 261 of 275 (1,529 Views)

Don't take things so seriously.  Laugh more.  Enjoy life.

Info Seeker

Message 262 of 275 (1,519 Views)

Smartest thing I ever did was to quit smoking in 1994.  Dumbest thing I ever did was start smoking in 1956.

Conversationalist

Message 263 of 275 (1,374 Views)

Rather than give my younger self advice, I'd provide that fool with an unretouched photo of the wrinkled, crepe-y skin that would be the unavoidble result for someone who not only spent every available hour in trying to get a suntan but also always eschewed tanning lotion.

Info Seeker

Message 264 of 275 (1,359 Views)

AARPTeri wrote:

BeHealthyStayHealtyimage.jpgLooking for ways to stay healthy and fit in the years to come? The editors of AARP The Magazine have created a new digital-only magazine just for you. AARP The Magazine’s special Health & Wellness digital issue is packed with tips, tricks, and images to help you live your best life.  To enter, simply share with us what you would tell your younger self on how to stay healthy through the years. Three (3) lucky winners will win a brand new Fitbit Charge 2!

How to download the Health & Wellness special digital issue:

It’s easy to download the digital magazine to your tablet. Click here (or copy and paste this url:

http://www.aarp.org/emag/health/ to download the AARP Publications app, then go to ‘Special Editions’ to download the Health & Wellness special digital issue.

Be sure to tell us what you think about the new digital magazine by completing our short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AARPHealth 

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1. Sign in or register on AARP.org

2. Post to the “AARP The Magazine’s Be Healthy Stay Healthy” discussion board.

That’s it. You’ve entered the sweepstakes.

Sweepstakes ends June 15, 2017. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Don't even think about cigarettes!!! All of my health problems stems from my past tobacco use!!

Info Seeker

Message 265 of 275 (1,392 Views)

To my younger self, I would say don't smoke, cut way back on alcohol and don't do drugs. Sometimes "experimenting" got way out of hand. Thankfully I had the fortitude to quit, but had I not started, this would not have been an issue. 

Info Seeker

Message 266 of 275 (1,466 Views)

keep riding your bike!  Find exercise you can do even after a back injury. Drink gallons of water.

Info Seeker

Message 267 of 275 (1,408 Views)

Proper rest sleep . Eating healthy foods lots of water natural juices fruits vegetables .Walking and taking good vitamins and supplements.

Info Seeker

Message 268 of 275 (1,328 Views)

I would tell my younger self to lose weight NOW while you are young and it's easier. It will be tougher when you're older. Also, don't give up bicycling just because you get a driver's license!  I would also tell him to take care of his financial health and protect his credit. It may not seem important now but it will be later.

Info Seeker

Message 269 of 275 (1,376 Views)

Anusara Yoga and walking will save your life ( that's what I'd tell my younger self ).

Silver Conversationalist

Message 270 of 275 (1,119 Views)

I would give my younger self this advice, eat more fruit, less bread, more vegatable, drink more water, drink less coffee, walk more, and be more friendly to other: