How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 11 of 353 (866 Views)

As a mailman, it would be benificial to own a fitbit to show number of steps I make on a daily basis. 

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 353 (997 Views)

How do I apply for a free Fitbit 

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 353 (1,094 Views)

I used to be really flexable from being in gymnastics in high school. I would tell myself to take a few minutes every day to stretch and keep that flexability. And to be as active as possible.

Conversationalist

Message 14 of 353 (1,800 Views)

Thank you very much.... STAY HEALTHY!!!

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 353 (2,306 Views)

Many people wouldn't have come as far as you have - they just sit around feeling sorry for themselves.  You sound like you're acting logically, given the circumstances.  Keep thinking positive and do what you're able.  You're a good role model for your child.  Sending positive thoughts to you and best wishes for everything good in your life.

Conversationalist

Message 16 of 353 (2,112 Views)

The​ saying, "We never know what tomorrow may bring", is something that I would deeply drill into my younger self!  

At the age of 36 I thought I was on the job that I would retire from,  that I was in decent shape and that I was sharing with my only child the greatest lessons I had learned in life, so things were looking alright.  But I had no idea that I would suffer a heart attack that same year!  Today I am 51 and my life hasn't been the same since.  I've never returned to work, I have 8 specialty doctor's and I had to use the fund's that I had put away for his education so that I could make house and car notes!....So, the thought that I'm doing 'decent' or 'alright' in any area of my life, should never be good enough.

Always go that extra mile...because you just never know!!!

Conversationalist

Message 17 of 353 (2,333 Views)

Dear Hector: 

I was also a fitness trainer and swimming instructor for over 25 years, and I must inform you that while swimming is great exercise for anyone of any age (my sons were swimming as infants and I still swim), swimming does not help osteoporosis.   It doesn't build bone.  People must add weight bearing exercise in order to build bone.  Have your swimming clients add strength training exercises such as walking, lifting light weights, wall push ups, etc.,  and tell them to try to win the FitBit for encouragement! 

77 year old runner!

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 353 (2,335 Views)

Good afternoon.

I have been a personal trainer and Aquatic Instructor for over seventeen years here in Central Florida.

The majority of my clients are seniors. I encourage those clients that are concerned with Osteoporosis to join my Aquatic exercise class. To their delite, most of them fit, and some of them have lost a few pounds. The low impact on the bones and joints is a plus.

Sincerely,

Hector H Suarez

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 353 (2,384 Views)

Is this how I enter to win the Fitbit?

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 353 (2,437 Views)

I would love a fit bit! Ive been on a healthy journey working out and eating eell for a few months. This would help!