Wills, Trusts and Legal Musts Tonight on AARP Live 10 p.m. ET Online or on RFD-TV

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 91 of 437 (1,512 Views)

Dear High Blood pressure.

How is you work out r? Also, are you a nervous person? In some cases decrease physical activity and Anxiety over daily issues can cause your blood pressure to be elevated. Try Some relaxations techniques, and see if that  help reduce you blood pressure.

Good luck.

Hector Suarez

Info Seeker

Message 92 of 437 (1,431 Views)

I have sleep apnea. I'm trying to move more but I'm beat. I take stairs when I can and trying to walk more than the day before. A fitbit would be my guardian angel.

Info Seeker

Message 93 of 437 (1,410 Views)

I walk at work everyday at lunch time and take the stairs and do spin class when I can I would really like to track how much activity I do with a fitbit

Info Seeker

Message 94 of 437 (1,403 Views)

I've been to the doctor and have perfect ldl and hdl, good blood sugar, no plaque in my arteries, but still have high blood pressure. what's the deal?

Info Seeker

Message 95 of 437 (1,517 Views)

As a mailman, it would be benificial to own a fitbit to show number of steps I make on a daily basis. 

Info Seeker

Message 96 of 437 (1,645 Views)

How do I apply for a free Fitbit 

Info Seeker

Message 97 of 437 (1,745 Views)

I used to be really flexable from being in gymnastics in high school. I would tell myself to take a few minutes every day to stretch and keep that flexability. And to be as active as possible.

Conversationalist

Message 98 of 437 (2,451 Views)

Thank you very much.... STAY HEALTHY!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 99 of 437 (2,956 Views)

Many people wouldn't have come as far as you have - they just sit around feeling sorry for themselves.  You sound like you're acting logically, given the circumstances.  Keep thinking positive and do what you're able.  You're a good role model for your child.  Sending positive thoughts to you and best wishes for everything good in your life.

Conversationalist

Message 100 of 437 (2,760 Views)

The​ saying, "We never know what tomorrow may bring", is something that I would deeply drill into my younger self!  

At the age of 36 I thought I was on the job that I would retire from,  that I was in decent shape and that I was sharing with my only child the greatest lessons I had learned in life, so things were looking alright.  But I had no idea that I would suffer a heart attack that same year!  Today I am 51 and my life hasn't been the same since.  I've never returned to work, I have 8 specialty doctor's and I had to use the fund's that I had put away for his education so that I could make house and car notes!....So, the thought that I'm doing 'decent' or 'alright' in any area of my life, should never be good enough.

Always go that extra mile...because you just never know!!!