How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 91 of 275 (602 Views)

To my younger self:  Stay hydrated!  Stay hydrated!  Stay hydrated!   Continue with a yoga program to stay flexible and to maintain balance.  SING!  DANCE! EVERYDAY!  Have a diet with many anti-inflamatory fruits and vegetables.  Step outside the box more often to explore and be present.  

Info Seeker

Message 92 of 275 (544 Views)

Everything in moderation. Think before you act. Enjoy this day. Be thankful.

Conversationalist

Message 93 of 275 (521 Views)

I have heard so much about the fitbit and I would love to have one to help me keep track of my exercise routine. I walk on the treadmill every morning at a fast speed and I use free weights every day to help with my bone density. I would be thrilled to get a fitbit. Thank you for giving me this chance!

Info Seeker

Message 94 of 275 (557 Views)

I could use a Fitbit, to tell me how incredibly unhealthy I am. Maybe one that says, "Hey fatass why don't you take a walk instead of eating that big bowl of ice cream. It would be nice if the Fitbit kept track of my oxygen levels too. I have COPD and have to monitor my O2 levels. I intend to lose forty pounds over the summer, get rid of this winter weight, and try to enjoy life a little more. Stay healthy out there people and good luck to all those trying to get healthier this year! 

Info Seeker

Message 95 of 275 (646 Views)

I would tell my younger self to watch my weight, what what I eat and exercise more.  I would tell me to get out of my office chair and move during the work day.  And most of all, try doing yoga!  I have had a weight problem most of my life and now that I am over 60, I am finding that I either lose it or get a knee replacement.  It is a simple decision but doing it is not so easy at my age.  I would tell my younger self to get the weight off, pay more attention to what I eat and WALK while it is easier!   This digital magazine came at a perfect time to help reinforce what I am doing to get healthy and lower my weight.  I am particularly interested in the stretches and the yoga parts as I am doing that as part of my daily regimen.  Thanks AARP!

Info Seeker

Message 96 of 275 (714 Views)

Until I joined a health community at work, I did not see the value of a fitbit.  Now I see how advantageous it would be to be able to track steps, monitor sleep patterns, etc.  

Due to limited funds, I thought I could use some apps on my phone, but since my phone is not an appendage, it could not track my every move.  Would be really, really nice to own a fitbit.  I promise to journal and share with my AARP community.

Info Seeker

Message 97 of 275 (673 Views)

Surprisingly, I disliked exercise as a kid.  And lo and behold, I am not fond of it now, either!   However, it appears that I need to do it anyway.  Darnit.  Hopefully, my new Fitbit will help!!   

Conversationalist

Message 98 of 275 (636 Views)
This sums up nicely the way I feel.
Info Seeker

Message 99 of 275 (628 Views)

I would tell my young self to keep dancing and walking all the time.  Start using mosturizer sooner, it makes a difference.  Don't be so shy, it's easy to talk to people, just breathe and go for it.

Info Seeker

Message 100 of 275 (580 Views)

Think healthy; think young; think a bit; think fitbit!