How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 11 of 275 (882 Views)

I'd tell my younger self to go have my eyes checked every two years, at least, and to allow the doctor to dilate them when s/he recommends it. Glaucoma is the sneak thief of vision because you don't know it's happening until you've already lost a significant part of your visual field, and then it's hard to stop its progression.

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 275 (955 Views)

Eat less; exercise more; sleep better!!!

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 275 (868 Views)

FITBIT Would be a motivating benift to me since I have started a life changing progam to transform my body and all over health.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 275 (850 Views)

I have never owned a fitbit or other device to monitor my fitness. As I am anticipating on engaging in an exercise regime I think that wining a fitbit would help encourage me to continue exercising.

Thank you,

Sharon Nedobity

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 275 (897 Views)
That is very interesting about getting enough sleep. I have a Fitbit Charge that is starting to fall apart so I really could use a new one, too.
Info Seeker +

Message 16 of 275 (736 Views)

I am an instructor at a community college; i work with adult students to get back into the workforce and continue with education.  I shared with the students  in a class blog about the Insurance Giant Pays employees to sleep.  The article talks about how Aetna is working with Fitbit and making sure that employees are getting enough sleep.  Very interesting.  Yes, it is great to get the exercise, but it is great that Fitbit monitors other things too.  I had a good online discussion; the students saw the value of good health.  Insurance companies and human resource departments are so different than they were at one time.

I have had a Fitbit Flex for about year or so.   It would be great to get a new one!

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 275 (834 Views)

Would love to win a Fitbit!  I walk a ton and this would certainly make it more fun!  Thanks AARP for encouraging great health in our later years!  Love this community!

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 275 (890 Views)

I would be so grateful to have an activity tracker like the Fitbit to keep me motivated in reaching my goals of getting stronger and building good bones. I'm just now getting to where I'm able to walk around the block after four years of recovering from a near fatal accident. Prior to being slammed into on my motorcycle by a pickup truck, I was a healthy, active, 52 year old who did dance aerobics 4 times a week, at least. It has been a difficult haul and I still have limitations that I'm striving to overcome by exercise. Having an important tool like Fitbit would be wonderful to help me to becoming whole again. 

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 275 (842 Views)

Walking is great, and being able to compete with youself even better!

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 20 of 275 (823 Views)

Lets get those feet walking and the heart ticking too with the fitbit.