The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 231 of 437 (628 Views)

I need help staying on track. I need to improve my overall health and I do well and then fall back. Having a Fitbit would keep me consistant and allow me to meet my health goals.

Info Seeker

Message 232 of 437 (752 Views)

Need a reminder to step it up or just go those extra steps to reach my daily goal

AARPTeri wrote:

Looking for ways to stay healthy and fit in the years to come? The editors of AARP The Magazine have created a new digital-only magazine just for you. AARP The Magazine’s special Health & Wellness digital issue is packed with tips, tricks, and images to help you live your best life.  To enter, simply share with us what you would tell your younger self on how to stay healthy through the years. Three (3) lucky winners will win a brand new Fitbit Charge 2!

How to download the Health & Wellness special digital issue:

It’s easy to download the digital magazine to your tablet. Click here (or copy and paste this url:

http://www.aarp.org/emag/health/ to download the AARP Publications app, then go to ‘Special Editions’ to download the Health & Wellness special digital issue.  Be sure to tell us what you think about the new digital magazine by completing our short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AARPHealth 

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1. Sign in or register on AARP.org

2. Post to the “AARP The Magazine’s Be Healthy Stay Healthy” discussion board.

That’s it. You’ve entered the sweepstakes.

Sweepstakes ends June 15, 2017. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Info Seeker

Message 233 of 437 (800 Views)

I need to get more active for my health and think the fit-bit will help greatly.

Info Seeker

Message 234 of 437 (744 Views)

Eating healthy and staying active make getting older easier.  Having something that shows us some of our progress is helpful.  Fit Bit helps

Conversationalist

Message 235 of 437 (755 Views)

😊 Thank you

✌️

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 236 of 437 (848 Views)
Well put and so true!
Conversationalist

Message 237 of 437 (887 Views)

Message to my younger self...

Live within the moment!  Embrace Mother Nature, eat and drink wisely,   Think positive thoughts, keep a song in your heart, a smile on your face and a spring in your walk! And always remember that you are loved.

Info Seeker

Message 238 of 437 (970 Views)

Life inturrupted my daily fitness routine. I am ready to get back at it. The Fitbit will help me track my progress and keep me motivated. It will become my new workout partner! I would love to win it!

Info Seeker

Message 239 of 437 (1,174 Views)

I'm still working but hope to retire in the near future. I try to walk every day, and once had a fitbit flex but the band broke and I lost it. I really liked knowing how many steps I was doing and how I was sleeping. I know it improved my health vastly and I miss knowing. I hope I win it! I promise to do 10,000 steps a day. I'll eat carrots! I'll even eat spinach!

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 240 of 437 (1,400 Views)

To my younger self, I would say, when you find your niche in health & wellness stick with it! In traveling & living all over the United States during my adult life, I always discovered places that needed my services as an instructor in health & wellness, some volunteer, some with parks & recreations, some paid classes. Even though my emphasis was on the well-being of the class participants, I personally benefited immensely from the structure of the classes. Everything from the coreography behind the classes to the actual instructing kept me on the path to good health for the years I instructed, from the 70's through the early 2000's. And even now, younger self, I maintain my health & wellness based on those same principles. Stay current and stay true to yourself!