How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 1 of 352 (60 Views)

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis-severe.  The fitbit would help me be sure I am moving enough - steps, etc. - to keep my joints fluid and keep an eye on heartrate, etc.  I am living on disability and cannot afford to buy one myself.  This would absolutely assist me in a better quality of living knowing I am walking enough and so on.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 352 (202 Views)

My wife has a fitbit and she has been an important part of her journey to good health.  If I win the fitbit, I would give it to her (it would be an upgrade) and she'll give me her old one to get started with.  Definately a win-win situattion.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 352 (237 Views)
I think you have to post.
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 352 (362 Views)

Although I have exercised almost daily since I've been 30, I would inform my younger self tolerance to eat healthier early on, avoiding processed foods at all costs. Ensuring to eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily. Of course there will be special days or hard days, don't beat myself up because tomorrow will be a whole new day!

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 352 (626 Views)

Please don't stop trying to find out what's going on because your body is trying to tell you something is wrong.  Check for sleep apnea, your respiratory system as well as your thyroid system.  You may just be one of those people who get nervous at check time, so if you don't have a machine at home please invest in one.  Check and record your results at home because just being in the doctors office could be throwing you off.  Good luck!!!

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 352 (700 Views)

Dear High Blood pressure.

How is you work out r? Also, are you a nervous person? In some cases decrease physical activity and Anxiety over daily issues can cause your blood pressure to be elevated. Try Some relaxations techniques, and see if that  help reduce you blood pressure.

Good luck.

Hector Suarez

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 352 (722 Views)

I have sleep apnea. I'm trying to move more but I'm beat. I take stairs when I can and trying to walk more than the day before. A fitbit would be my guardian angel.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 352 (734 Views)

I walk at work everyday at lunch time and take the stairs and do spin class when I can I would really like to track how much activity I do with a fitbit

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 352 (744 Views)

I've been to the doctor and have perfect ldl and hdl, good blood sugar, no plaque in my arteries, but still have high blood pressure. what's the deal?

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 352 (865 Views)

As a mailman, it would be benificial to own a fitbit to show number of steps I make on a daily basis.