Senate Unveils Health Bill — and It’s Bad.  Call Toll-Free 844-259-9351 to Urge Your Senator to Vote 'No'

Topics: 1
Kudos: 7

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 1 of 437 (382 Views)

I really like the digital magazines from AARP. Informative and interesting. I would love to have a fitbit. It's one of those things I keep hoping someone will give me for a gift, but it hasn't happened yet, unfortunately Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 437 (513 Views)

I am fortunate that my younger self did a really good job of eating and exercising. So, instead of telling my younger self how to stay healthy, I continue to listen to my younger self advising me about what I need to do to be healthy.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 437 (702 Views)

You can also track food/calories and water intake.

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 437 (716 Views)

I want a Fitbit to help  Me keep track of how many steps I take per day and how many calories I burn.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 437 (852 Views)

If I could tell my younger self how to stay healthy through the years it would start with stay active in things that make me happy and keep stress as far away as possible. Then I would tell myself that I need a healthy lifestyle of food not a diet. I would finish up by telling myself that movement is exercise so I should keep dancing with joy to keep myself fit.  A Fitbit or other motivation tool could help with this tremendously.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 437 (903 Views)

I'm in Wyoming-Laramie to be exact.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 437 (1,071 Views)

Thanks so much - that is such a good idea.  and your saying 10 days makes me believe it - even if that's all i do for a while.   i'm in NYC. where are you?  :}

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 437 (1,136 Views)

I am very active, walking, hiking, cycling, swimming and I teach yoga to seniors in Southern Arizona. Would love a Fitbit to track my activities and sleep habits. I love to encourage people to get out and move their bodies and am always happy to hear how good they feel after a few yoga sessions. 

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 437 (1,345 Views)

Love my fitbit one, would love to upgrade to the charge. I found I do walk more when I can challage myself.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 10 of 437 (1,356 Views)

Guess not.  It really just takes a start and the proper mindset.