Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Conversationalist

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 1 of 437

I really like the digital magazines from AARP. Informative and interesting. I would love to have a fitbit. It's one of those things I keep hoping someone will give me for a gift, but it hasn't happened yet, unfortunately Smiley Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 437

I am fortunate that my younger self did a really good job of eating and exercising. So, instead of telling my younger self how to stay healthy, I continue to listen to my younger self advising me about what I need to do to be healthy.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 437

You can also track food/calories and water intake.

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 437

I want a Fitbit to help  Me keep track of how many steps I take per day and how many calories I burn.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 437

If I could tell my younger self how to stay healthy through the years it would start with stay active in things that make me happy and keep stress as far away as possible. Then I would tell myself that I need a healthy lifestyle of food not a diet. I would finish up by telling myself that movement is exercise so I should keep dancing with joy to keep myself fit.  A Fitbit or other motivation tool could help with this tremendously.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 437

I'm in Wyoming-Laramie to be exact.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 437

Thanks so much - that is such a good idea.  and your saying 10 days makes me believe it - even if that's all i do for a while.   i'm in NYC. where are you?  :}

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 437

I am very active, walking, hiking, cycling, swimming and I teach yoga to seniors in Southern Arizona. Would love a Fitbit to track my activities and sleep habits. I love to encourage people to get out and move their bodies and am always happy to hear how good they feel after a few yoga sessions. 

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 437

Love my fitbit one, would love to upgrade to the charge. I found I do walk more when I can challage myself.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 10 of 437

Guess not.  It really just takes a start and the proper mindset.