Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: 66 Year Old Woman is Mushing Champion

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 2 (359 Views)

Inspiration the best gift.jpg

"We generally change ourselves for one of two reasons: inspiration or desperation." - Jim Rohn

These two ideas sum up why I post about senior athletes. If we want to hold our own against the ravages of time, we all need to workout like senior athletes. Let your change come from inspiration rather than desperation brought on by disease.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

66 Year Old Woman is Mushing Champion

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 2 (437 Views)

Let me state upfront that I am posting this because I am inspired by the grit and determination of this athlete, and want to share the inspiration with others. If you wish to discuss the controversial, political aspects of dog sledding, please start a thread and do just that. Thanks.

66-year-old Roxy Wright takes home Open North American title

FAIRBANKS — It’s a comeback tale with the makings of a movie. After retiring from competitive sled dog racing in 1996, Fairbanks native Roxy Wright wrote the final chapter of her remarkable career when she captured her fourth GCI Open North American Championship title on Sunday at the Jeff Studdert Racegrounds behind Mushers Hall on Farmer Loop.

“It’s been like a fairy tale, winning the Rendezvous and then North American again,” said Wright, who also earned ONAC titles in 1989 and 1992. “When I retired in 1996, I never intended to come back and run. I never thought I’d be back out here racing and winning again. It’s a great honor and privilege to get to come back.”

Read the rest of this story: http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/year-old-roxy-wright-takes-home-open-north-american-title/a...

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving