Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: 30 Health & Fitness Secrets of Senior Athletes

Message 1 of 5 (172 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

"...Me? I want to look like Kay Glynn when I'm 63!...".

Why wait? I'd be pretty happy if all women looked like her by the age of 40... (ok, don't flame me for the sexist comment Smiley Tongue)

You know what? So would I! I'd be thrilled if more women took fitness as serious as does Kay Glynn. Imagine how much more we could do! It is really amazing we run the world in the shape we're in. Smiley Wink

Anyway ... I'm most the way there. I'm just working on 4 stubborn pounds of flab. Very. Stubborn. Flab. Ugh. (we're lifting weights and doing targeted exercises: I'll get there)

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5 (182 Views)

"...Me? I want to look like Kay Glynn when I'm 63!...".

Why wait? I'd be pretty happy if all women looked like her by the age of 40... (ok, don't flame me for the sexist comment Smiley Tongue)

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”

Message 3 of 5 (191 Views)

Reader's Digest has a version of this story as well: https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/secrets-to-staying-fit-from-seniors/

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 4 of 5 (199 Views)

These tips are transformative and fabulous even if you have no desire to be a senior athlete. Download the pdf and begin your inspiring journey to a healthier life.

Me? I want to look like Kay Glynn when I'm 63!

30 Health & Fitness Secrets of Senior Athletes

Message 5 of 5 (236 Views)

The National Senior Games asked top competitors for pearls of wisdom. Then they put these bits in a downloadable pdf on their web site. Here are a few...

Kay Glynn, 63Kay Glynn, 63

"I just go out and play like a kid. When I go out and play with my kids (and now my grandkids) I don't just watch, I play with them."

John Tatum, 97John Tatum, 97

"You have to keep moving. That's what it's all about."

Don Hoeppner, 85Don Hoeppner, 85

"Don't eat too much. When you eat out, they just pile it on you. Divide it so you can eat half there and take home half."

Mary Begaye, 66Mary Begaye, 66

"Take care of the elder that you will become."

Tom Lough, 74Tom Lough, 74

"I believe that just moving more since I became active in the Senior Games has improved ad maintained the quality of life for me."

Karen Newman, 55Karen Newman, 55

"If you only have 10 minutes, turn on some music and dance. Do something you love. You can transform yourself faster than you can believe."

Download the entire document at the National Senior Games Association website: http://nsga.com/30secrets