AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: 15 2017 Nat'l Sr Games Game Changer Athletes

Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)

Hats off to these fabulous senior athletes! And heartfelt thanks for the inspiration! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

15 2017 Nat'l Sr Games Game Changer Athletes

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

Says blind Vivian Stancil, 69, "When people tell me I can't do something, I prove to them that I can."

Push, push! Smiley Happy

(watch a video about Vivian here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170518006261/en/Humana-Honors-15-National-Senior-Games-Athle...)

The Humana Game Changers program recognizes National Senior Games athletes who exemplify healthy aging and provide encouragement, motivation and inspiration for all seniors to start with healthy.

For example, Zoltan Zsohar, a 70-year-old cyclist from Dallas, started exercising when he looked in the mirror and realized he was starting to look like some of his older coworkers. And Kathleen Fisken, a 75-year-old swimmer from Bethesda, Maryland, recently overcame a uterine cancer diagnosis and treatment to compete this year.

“When you find out you have cancer, it’s important to have a goal in mind,” Fisken said. “I was already registered to compete at the 2017 National Senior Games in Birmingham, so having that goal in mind was extremely meaningful. Being recognized as a Humana Game Changer makes my journey and the upcoming competitions even more special.”

The 2017 Humana Game Changers, who were selected among more than 10,400 athletes competing this year, are:

• Ileana Alvarez-Builla, 65, Miami, Florida; table tennis
  • Glennon Bazzle, 74, Birmingham, Alabama; golf
  • Fay Bond, 94, Oriental, North Carolina; track and field
  • Irma Fay Bond, 67, Oriental, North Carolina; track and field
  • Nancy Covington, 85, Clinton, Louisiana; horseshoes
  • Kathleen Fisken, 75, Bethesda, Maryland; swimming
  • Cory Hartbarger, 90, Asheville, North Carolina; track and field
  • Hiro Moriyasu, 70, Los Angeles, California; table tennis
  • Margaret Olawoye, 75, Chicago, Illinois; pickleball and track and field
  • Rose Roylo, 88, Radcliff, Kentucky; bowling
  • Robert Rusbosin, 65, Naples, Florida; basketball
  • Dan Smith, 75, Weston, Ohio; shuffleboard
  • Sylvia Smith, 74, Weston, Ohio; shuffleboard
  • Chris Wallace, 60, Maricopa Arizona; track and field
  • Zoltan Zsohar, 70, Dallas, Texas; cycling

Read the full bit and watch the inspiring video here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170518006261/en/Humana-Honors-15-National-Senior-Games-Athle...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving