Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Silver Conversationalist

Re: Losing Your Mother

Message 11 of 41 (1,463 Views)

I lost my mother in 1999 to the Lord, but she is with my Lord and my Lord. I miss her so. The gave her to me for 80 plus years, and I am thankful. I am aware that some people lost their mother when they was a child. I know that she is in the arm of our Father and his son Jesus, that make me happy:

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 41 (1,469 Views)

I also lost my mother a year ago in January.  It was hard to lose her as we were very close.  The hardest part was the attitude of my sibling who will never understand what I went through caring for her. 

It was very hard for me to focus last year.  I lost interest in gardening which I always enjoyed, I couldn't make decisions on what to give away, I was just numb.  

I am taking things one day at a time.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 41 (1,546 Views)

I lost my Mom 1yr ago January.  Felt absolutely nothing at the time but numb, even though I new it was coming.  She had Alzheimer's.  I did not celebrate the holidays or much of anything during the past year.  Still think I should make the trip to visit her or call just to chat, even though she had no idea who I was nor comprehended anything I said to her.  Was listening to a CD the other day by Collin Ray and there was a song that had me just double up and sob, finally.  It takes time, I still feel numb most of the time, but I find talking to her in my head helps that.  I also found out some pretty interesting things after she passed, which I will never have any answers to.  I have questioned family members and no one has the answers.  I think that is the hardest part.  Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  You just have to get through one day at a time.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 41 (1,428 Views)

@suefosterboge - What you've said is an important realization in itself! You might want to consider some short-term therapy, to target this one area. It might give you more peace about things.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

Message 15 of 41 (1,431 Views)

My mom passed just as quickly, and I still think I can't wait to tell mom this....  I understand how hard the holidays are, it is tough.

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 41 (1,437 Views)

I've asked myself if I'm repressing my feelings.  I don't have an answer.  There have been lots of disasters in my life the past 25 years...awful, traumatic shocks that seem to have left me numb.  Odd things will bring tears to my eyes, usually

a situation where a child or very old person or an animal has suffered. Sometimes in public places, where people are reuniting, I can barely hold back my emotions.  I only WISH I could feel something for my mom. 

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 41 (1,475 Views)

We hear about the loss of wonderful Mom's when the subject is brought up. My Mom was literally meaner than a snake and in her later years, she hated me with deep passion. She tried to do everything she could to harm me, short of hiring some to do phyical assult on me. What was held against me was that I was a result of her first marriage and didn't fit into her new family.THE GOOD NEWS I married a wonderful woman who is a great mother to our daughter. Because of the pain from the family I grew up in I tried very hard and tirelessly to be the best Dad I can be. My adult daughter thinks I'm one of the best Dad's there is. Definately our family's Christ centered focus helped us to see new and the best ways for us.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 18 of 41 (1,410 Views)

My mom, Leah McCloud, passed away 12/13/2016.  She was diagnosed with lung cancer on 11/27, went into the hospital for treatment 11/29, then transferred to Hospice House on 12/11, where she passed away quietly on 12/13.  It all happened so fast, and it still hardly seems real.  Christmas wasn't the same without her, and her 79th birthday was the day after: 12/26.  I'm constantly thinking things like, "I can't wait to show Mom....", or "I need to call Mom and tell her...."  She was a great mother to my two siblings and me; smart, creative, funny, sensitive, all those beautiful traits that made her so special.  I'll miss her forever.  We will be taking a road trip in the next few months to scatter her ashes where she requested.

Conversationalist

Message 19 of 41 (1,473 Views)

My mom was an active vibrant woman.  She volunteered, loved to travel, and was healthy.  We went, as a family (6kids, inlaws,and uncles) to the inn where my parent had their wedding anniversay.  She was feeling a little off, and told my dad she thought she had bronchitis. The next day she went to the hospital, she was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer that had metastisized thoughout her body.  Over the next month she was mostly in the hospital, and I stayed with her so she was not alone, the hospital was quite a disrance from our home and my dad and the rest of our family would visit as often as they could.  The last 3 wqeeks of her life were spent in a wonderful hospice facility in Connecticut.  She was able to see all of her children, grandchildren and relatives and say good-bye to all of us.  The hospice kept her very comfortalbe and she died 7 weeks after her original diagnosis.  I was with her so much over those 7 weeks that when the end came, I was greateful that she was able to go so peacefully, but I really could not cry.  My mom had horrible dreams every night at 3:00am, so I made sure that I was at her bedside when she awoke.  In the conversations we had during those long days and nights I heard stories I had never heard, re relived funny things tha happened to our family and bonded like never before.  My dad died three years later, and I was his caregiver during those three years.  I learned so much about caring, giving, and sharing taking care of my parents.  Their deaths left a void in me, I "talk" to them every day, and am greatful for the time I shard with them

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 41 (1,475 Views)

This is my mother Shirley Jackson! May 6th 1947- December 16th -2016This is my mother Shirley Jackson! May 6th 1947- December 16th -2016

What I most remember about my mother is her smile! She had one for everyone & everybody! Strong woman in her faith & beliefs!  Always welcoming & humble...

She loved to cook, always in the kitchen, humming a song as she cooking! The kitchen was her! She loved plants in the house. Especially the long fern ones & the big tree plants! She & my dad did vacation cruises together, on the princess cruise ship on their anniversaries! My mom was never without her bible. Reading it daily & quoting scriptures to us! She had 6 kids, 5 girls & 1 boy! Myself being the first born daughter! She never missed a birthday, either a card or a phone call, she made sure of it! This year, going to be the hardest, mother's day, her birthday, not hearing her voice or phone call! 😥

We are planning a family reunion in honor of her in August!

That's what she love the most is her family being together & enjoying themselves!

Not a day that goes by, I'm always thinking of her!

I miss her dearly!..

Danielle Jackson....