Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Community Manager

Re: ads on game site

Message 1 of 6 (400 Views)

Hello @el24519877, I shared your feedback with the Ad Team and they were able to adjust the ads so you won't see them as frequently. Hope this helps. Please let us know if you experience this again. Thank you for posting in our Online Community.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (535 Views)

intersan wrote:

I had it, but when they started the ads in November 2016, I was told that I would have to remove it if I wanted to play the games. 

@intersan,

First, the games platform had ads well before November 2016. I added AdBlock Plus several years ago.

As I said previously, I have been playing the games ad-free for years with the AdBlock Plus added to my Firefox browser so whoever told you that the games would not be accessible with ADBlock Plus lied to you.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 6 (550 Views)

I had it, but when they started the ads in November 2016, I was told that I would have to remove it if I wanted to play the games. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (551 Views)

They are long and intrusive. Whatever happened to the one where you can skip it in 4 seconds? 

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 6 (585 Views)

el24519877 wrote:

the cnstant video ads being played in the games site are intrusive and irratating.  5or 6 times in less than 30 minues are a bad joke and will likely drive me from this site.

@el24519877,

Load AdBlock Plus onto your browser and those ads will be history.

I did it several years ago and have not had an ad since.

I am computer illiterate and AdBlock Plus was easy to load onto my browser.

AARP had some kind of security issue several years ago on their ads platform because I got ads from TATA BUILDERS (a company in India), got a 13 minute gross video from PETA regarding the killing of animals hosted by Paul MacCartney, got videos that individuals had posted selling all sorts of odd items (I think they were youTube videos), and AARP never admitted there was a hack into their ad platform. They did admit that there were ads that had appeared on their platform that were "unauthorized". I guess that's what their attorneys told them to say.

Those ads NEVER appeared anywhere else other than AARP's web site.

But AdBlock Plus made all these ads history.

Of course, read about and research it before you install it.

Info Seeker

ads on game site

Message 6 of 6 (590 Views)

the cnstant video ads being played in the games site are intrusive and irratating.  5or 6 times in less than 30 minues are a bad joke and will likely drive me from this site.