The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

Message 81 of 89 (2,591 Views)

My screen is constantly freezing with an explanation that it was being reloaded due to a webpage problem' then the game is stopped and you must start over. Also many of the cards freeze and are hard to move into place. Can you fix this? Thank you!

Info Seeker

Message 82 of 89 (2,683 Views)

I really thought that the games were for entertainment and not for seeing how someone can hack even the simplest of things that we use as boredom breakers.  If people play these games, it is assumed that they are playing for fun.  Now you say that there are some who can "buy their way" for a score? Come on people.  If AARP knew of this type of players, then cancel their privileges to playing the games.  Yes, I would like to know loose my previous high scores but they are a matter of life or death. Just have fun.

Info Seeker

Message 83 of 89 (2,701 Views)

Please add more levels to flip out or have it finish off.   if you go to fast and don't watch your levels or if you miss a bonus star and go to far you get a can't load next level check your internet connection, and you don't get a score and have to reset the game.

Info Seeker

Message 84 of 89 (2,840 Views)

Hello,

I need some assistance on how to find my highest score.  Would you please expand on the instructions. 

Thanks

kzr

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 85 of 89 (2,833 Views)

I don't give a flying fig about my "daily" high scores!  I want to be able to see my own personal best scores whenever I play a game.  Where is this profile information I am supposed to be able to access?  Why can't you leave something that wasn't broken the way it was while you were trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the way you fixed it?  My experience with your Games has now gone from bad to worse.  I do NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT like the way my own personal best score has disappeared!!!!!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 86 of 89 (2,833 Views)

I have a suggestion and a complaint:

Suggestion: separate "leaderboards" of people who play ONLY with their own skills from those who BUY THEIR WAY to the top with coins they purchase in the real world.

Complaint: Instead of my name, my ridiculous ID number shows up in the scores.  Why hasn't the user-name I asked for when I signed up every showed up on the game boards?

Info Seeker

Message 87 of 89 (2,881 Views)
I too had wondering how some people would get such high scores. On the West Coast, The time to play and, post a new score would start up at 9:00pm. I would go to Golden Slots to start playing at 9:00pm and, already, someone would've scored 150.000 points. I hope this problem has been fixed.
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 88 of 89 (2,372 Views)

AARPLynne wrote:

Greetings Gamers!

We have heard from many of you that some scores in our games are unrealistically high, making them impossible to beat.  Thank you for that valuable feedback you have given us here in the Online Community. 

We are happy to announce that we will be addressing that issue, which will allow for a more level playing field for our gamers.  We’re also adding a new level to the Leaderboard to provide additional opportunities to compete.

Specific updates to be made in the coming days include:

1. The "All Time" section of the leaderboard will be replaced with a "Monthly" leaderboard. You'll still be able to view your personal all time highest scores within your profile pages and this will provide more opportunities for you to compete for a leading score

1. You will now be able to see your personal best score and a "Daily Top Score" for that game in the grey box on individual game play pages,. This will allow you to easily see how you stack up against that game’s high scorers — so that you can keep trying to beat them!

Thank you for your patience as we work to bring these changes to the site.

@AARPLynne,

The comments made above indicate that AARP was NOT listening to the feedback given them about impossibly high scores on some of the games.

Comments like "MORE LEVEL PLAYING FIELD" assumes that the scores posted have been legitimate scores. Both another gamer and I have started multiple threads regarding scores that were anything but legitimate.

It wasn't that they were high and thus required a "MORE LEVEL PLAYING FIELD"; they were impossible and were posted by means other than playing the game... or, in other words, these scores were HACKED onto the games platform. They all occurred during a very short time period about 5 months ago. The scores in 5ROLL of 52,744 by tckeeling, 51,500 by jc4240 along with 4 other scores were posted to the games platform using means that circumvented any SECURITY that AARP had on their games platform. I say this because those scores CAN NOT be made by PLAYING THE GAME. It is like saying that you bowled a 420. The highest score you can make in a game of bowling is 300; thus 420 is impossible . The top six scores now on the 5ROLL all time list are this type of impossible.

To address this issue of HACKING that has obviously happened to AARP'S gaming platform; they are now going to DELETE all of the legitimate ALL TIME SCORES that many players have played for months to attain. They honed their skills to play to the best of their ability and now, because AARP doesn't understand or doesn't want to admit that their games platform has been HACKED..... those scores will be deleted by one quick ill advised action.

The removal of all the ALL TIME HIGH SCORES was NOT the intention of the feedback given AARP and I believe that AARP is aware of that.

I just wish they would tell the truth regarding this change and NOT make it sound that it is what the gamers were wanting...... because it isn't.

My opinion is that this drastic change is being made because AARP'S gaming platform has a SECURITY issue and to rid themselves of the SECURITY issue; a whole new program for scoring retention had to be written.

Community Manager

Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

[ Edited ]
Message 89 of 89 (2,247 Views)

Greetings Gamers!

We have heard from many of you that some scores in our games are unrealistically high, making them impossible to beat.  Thank you for that valuable feedback you have given us here in the Online Community. 

We are happy to announce that we will be addressing that issue, which will allow for a more level playing field for our gamers.  We’re also adding a new level to the Leaderboard to provide additional opportunities to compete.

Specific updates to be made in the coming days include:

1. The "All Time" section of the leaderboard will be replaced with a "Monthly" leaderboard. You'll still be able to view your personal all time highest scores within your profile pages and this will provide more opportunities for you to compete for a leading score

1. You will now be able to see your personal best score and a "Daily Top Score" for that game in the grey box on individual game play pages,. This will allow you to easily see how you stack up against that game’s high scorers — so that you can keep trying to beat them!

Thank you for your patience as we work to bring these changes to the site.