The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

Message 71 of 89 (3,124 Views)

I am also sad to see all time high scores go away; they give you something to shoot for!

And there is still something wrong with the leaderboards shown.  I just had a good game of "Ice Cream Blast" - it says my score is the 2nd best of the day, 3rd best of the week, and BEST OVERALL of the month - what kind of sense does that make?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 89 (3,118 Views)

j550626t wrote:

Why would you eliminate all time high scores?

My guess is that they are eliminating the ALL TIME HIGH SCORES because there was a security breach in that part of the games platform several months ago.

Scores were posted to the ALL TIME HIGH SCORES that were impossible to score through the play of the game. Sort of like saying you bowled a 420 when 300 is the maximum you can score in bowling.

Complaints about these BOGUS scores fell on deaf ears........ and now they are getting rid of something the gamers liked......... to cover for the security breach.... IMO.

Info Seeker

Message 73 of 89 (3,047 Views)

Why would you eliminate all time high scores?

Community Manager

Message 74 of 89 (2,968 Views)

Hello @craftlady12, thank you for your suggestion about adding levels to Flip Out. If you have minute, would kindly share this suggestion by taking the following steps:

1. Go to http://games.aarp.org or to Flip Out
  2. Scroll down the page and look for the Contact Us link just below the Recently Played Games and above the section titled You May Also Like.

The form is asking for the following:

• Your Full Name
  • Email Address
  • And a detailed description about your suggestion, including game name.

Thank you!

Info Seeker

Message 75 of 89 (2,851 Views)

I object to the removal of the all time best scores from the games pages.  You should eliminate the obviously bogus values and reinstate this column.  If you want to keep the monthly scores (a dubious addition at best), then go to four columns.  I agree with other players that the all time score rankings are a very desirable feature.  In the new system, you can see your own all time best scores, but you cannot compare them to other players' values.  This is definitely a step in the wrong direction!

Community Manager

[ Edited ]
Message 76 of 89 (2,456 Views)

@kencii  Sorry to learn your screen is constantly freezing.  We would like to help, but more information is needed.  Would you please complete the following steps to report this issue?

1. Go to http://games.aarp.org or anyone of the games you've played
  2. Scroll down the page and look for the Contact Us link just below the Recently Played Games and above the section titled You May Also Like.

The form is asking for the following:

• Full Name
  • Email Address
  • And a detailed description about the issue you are seeing and/or experiencing. You'll need to include things like game name, how often you can reproduce it, the flash player you are using, and uploading a screenshot to help us resolve your issue quicker.

Thank you!

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team
Community Manager

Message 77 of 89 (2,488 Views)

Hello @am9676, thank you for your post and past your past feedback. Today's implementation should repair scoring on Mahjongg. 

Info Seeker

Message 78 of 89 (2,851 Views)

I have sent AARP the same info.  Scores that are showing up Mahjong Toys are impossible to get. 

Community Manager

[ Edited ]
Message 79 of 89 (2,742 Views)

Hello @kz6763, there's two ways to access your personal game high scores.

First, your personal game high score appears after game play and after you choose to Play Again. You'll see the Daily Top Score and Your Top Score.

Second, click the v (down arrow) next to your name in the upper right of the site toolbar. 

In the example below, click the down arrow next to “Hi, Sandra” which reveals additional options. Please select the “My Account” link.  You will be prompted to login again. This additional login is in place to protect your information. 

1.png

From the My Account area, you’ll need to access the “View and Edit My Account” link/button which is available from the left rail of the page.  Here's a screen capture below for reference.

2.png

Within the left rail you should see your game scores.  This widget gives you the name of the game you your personal high score.

3.png

Community Manager

Message 80 of 89 (2,768 Views)

Hello @CatGiorgia66, thank you for the suggestion we'll take it into consideration. Regarding your complaint, would it possible for you to provide us a screenshot via email to community.aarp.org so we can take a look behind the scenes? Thank you.