AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Info Seeker

Re: Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

Message 61 of 89 (1,651 Views)

Also, move the Backgammon game to the center of the screen, it would be better than being shoved off to left like it is now.

Info Seeker

Message 62 of 89 (1,525 Views)

I like to try to beat my all time high score.  The daily high score is a bonus.  I NEVER try to beat the top 10 scores .... I NEVER come close.  The all time high scores are meaningful to only a couple dozen people in the WHOLE WORLD!

Info Seeker

Message 63 of 89 (1,708 Views)

I agree...I want my highest score posted. 

Info Seeker

Message 64 of 89 (1,843 Views)

I like trying each day to beat my highest score in each game. Put it back the way it was.  PLEEEZE. 

Info Seeker

Message 65 of 89 (1,788 Views)

I used to just try to be my all time highs in each game I play. But you no longer list my highest scores.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 66 of 89 (2,218 Views)
Hi, AARPLynne,

I can't send you a screenshot because it would show everyone my membership number (letter, ######, letter) in the space where it SHOULD say "CatGiorgia66"

As for seeing my own personal best scores in ANY games, I definitely shouldn't have to go to a separate screen and log in again, etc. etc. to see it. That total baloney. Put things back the way they were.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 67 of 89 (2,210 Views)
Hi, tjwells4
If you play certain Arkadium games, you can buy "Powerboost" coins with your credit card. In those games, it is virtually impossible to get past the 60th level (or have enough time). So, people who are playing "with money" have an advantage over people who are just playing for fun or for the skillset involved.
Info Seeker +

Message 68 of 89 (2,466 Views)

"Very Well Said"
They took the easy way out.
Info Seeker

Message 69 of 89 (2,261 Views)
I wondered if that was the case. An impossibly high score.
Info Seeker

Message 70 of 89 (2,259 Views)

And how about fixing the games so they actually post the correct score?  On Mahjongg (the one with the blue/purple background and a purple flower to the top right of the tiles) I had a score of over 16000 yesterday, but it only posted something like 11000.  Just now I got over 11000 and it only posted something around 6000.  When the game ends the screen with the score goes away too fast to get a screenshot. 

And ... on 5 Roll, there's a glitch with the scoring for a small straight.  It will give you points for something that isn't a small straight.

But the Mahjongg issue is the one that bothers me most.  I beat my head against a wall (and waste TONS of time that I could spend doing something productive :-) ) to beat my high score, or the top score of the day, and when I do, it doesn't even record the correct score!  WTH???!!!