How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Community Manager

Re: Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

[ Edited ]
Message 41 of 89 (1,781 Views)

Thank you all for sharing your candid feedback on the recent changes made to the AARP gaming experience.  We acknowledge the impact this has on the ability to see your top game score.  We understand how important this feature is to you, and as a result are looking into options to address this highly desired scoring number.    More to come on this topic as we uncover our options.

Again, thanks for the constructive feedback.

Info Seeker

Message 42 of 89 (4,219 Views)

I, too, dislike the new setup. I need to know my top score, so I can try to beat it. 

Conversationalist

Message 43 of 89 (4,229 Views)

I really liked it the way it was. I too play against my all time high score, and not having it right there, readily apparent on my page, is annoying. I should not have to go searching for it!

Info Seeker

Message 44 of 89 (4,375 Views)

I dont like this method either

Info Seeker

Message 45 of 89 (4,374 Views)

I don't like the new method either. I bet there are a whole lot more like me that don't want to take the time to reply. I am pretty new at this, just a few months. I wonder if AARP has a culture of ignoring their customers/users or whether they are really listening and will follow the will of their loyal fans.,

Info Seeker

Message 46 of 89 (4,181 Views)

I am not happy with the new system. I've never paid the least attention to the leader board. I play this game against my previous scores only. Please, please, please give back our high scores!!!

Info Seeker

Message 47 of 89 (3,924 Views)

With all the changing of the high scores and you can't even see your own scores at all . why change anything . Now since they changed everything . Now the games i play won't open up now . they need to changing things . we should have a choice if we want to change anything on here . quit changing things on here . i want to be able to PLAY my games.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 89 (4,043 Views)

rr85287311 wrote:

I like to continually challenge myself.  I really liked the old method.  It allowed me to better gauge my performance.  If you want to change something, change the incessant ads that must be clicked before every game.  I, for one, will not be playing that much anymore. 

Thanks AARP for nearly ruining a simple pleasure.  There's enough change in this world.  

@rr85287311,

You can rid yourself of the ads quite easily.

Add AdBlock Plus to your computer. It costs nothing and it blocks all the ads that pop up between games.

I did it at the direction of another poster several years ago because I was getting some strange ads on this web site.... no other web site, just this one. I got ads for apartments in India, a 15 minute PETA ad hosted by Paul McCartney (that was pretty gross I might add), and homemade ads that individuals had done.

All these somehow got onto their games platform and were my first indication that their games platform might have some security issues. All AARP would say about these ads was that they were "UNAUTHORIZED".

Anyway, AdBlock Plus did the trick and the playing of the games is a 1000% better with no ads.

Info Seeker

Message 49 of 89 (3,965 Views)
I agree. They could not possibly get scores like 160,000. They must know some trick that the rest of us don't know. Plus I resent having Victoria secret ads on while I am playing the game.
Info Seeker

Message 50 of 89 (3,976 Views)

I have to agree with everyone on here . why make the changes that you did . we don't get to see our high scores . we just see the weekly top score . that is so not fair to us . if you want to make changes you have ask us first .