Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

Message 21 of 89 (3,353 Views)
As a "tomboy" with a boy's name in real life, I've never been called "grandpa," -- but I'm taking it as a compliment :-)
Signed,
"CatGiorgia"
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 89 (2,579 Views)
rut roh ! now you've pissed off grandpa . ;-) :-) <3
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 23 of 89 (2,477 Views)

Very well said.  I had an experience with another large national group which had a bunch of young kids (I'm not kidding, 18-to 24-yr.olds) mucking about with their forums, and they quite literally destroyed the entire experience, deleted most of the history, brought the whole thing crashing down, before changing the format and doing away with the entire forum.

I sadly expect that that is what's going on with the Sysops at AARP -- they've changed/fixed something which wasn't broken, they DIDN'T fix what was broken (they weirdly unachieveable high scores), and they took away THE most important aspect which was enjoyed by most players: the personal high score right there on the same page as the game.

I've checked, counting typing-in-fields and clicks, it takes a minimum of eight actions to get to the personal best scores -- I say "minimum" because the number eight doesn't count the times when the log-in function won't let me log int without three or four attempts, and the times (all) that only the last four games I've played display on the screen, and the "more" at the bottom doesn't work.

PLEASE, AARP, RESPECT YOUR ELDERS, YOUR MEMBERS, AND PUT THINGS BACK THE WAY THEY WERE!!!!!!!

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 89 (2,475 Views)

why do u think we need changes,,,,,,,,,,let it alone

'

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 89 (2,481 Views)

I do not like the new leader notices. I agree with some of the other coments that I want to compete against my own scores, not get discouraged by the top scores I can not reach. PLEASE put back my own top score so I can try to beat that. If I want to know the high score for the day I will look at the leaderboard. What I would like to see is my own top score and my top score for the day. That would be very helpful to me.

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 89 (2,498 Views)

I'd rather see my overall high score than daily high score.

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 89 (2,721 Views)

I read the instructions in the beginning of this thread about how to see my high score(s). Only thing is the screen captures on the instructions don't match what actually displays. Please put the high score back the way it was.

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 89 (2,741 Views)

How do I get my all time high score back?  Right now, I see the Daily Top Score.  If I play a game, then I will see my Daily Top Score.  I don't care about my Daily Top Score; I can figure out my Daily Top Score, especially if I only play the game once.  I would rather see my all time best score, so that I know which score to try and beat.  I am only competing against myself, not anybody else. 

This seems to be something new; and, maybe it needs to be fine-tuned; but, showing my all time best score would be the best for me. 

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 89 (2,758 Views)

I like the game baseball and I like it the way it was when it showed my highest score because that way I know whether or not I am improving and if I should work harder 

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 89 (2,729 Views)

Now we have seen the new format.  Cute.  Now switch it back.

No-one cares about anyone else's score.