Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Info Seeker

Re: Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

Message 11 of 89 (33,850 Views)
I agree. I understand the need sometimes for changes in software, been there, done that myself in business. I just hope you're listening to all these members complain. I enjoy many of the articles on the site, lots of interesting things. I also enjoy the games. There's nothing any better on a rainy afternoon ( with no good books to read ) to spend an hr or so competing ( whether with myself or others' high scores ) on the games. Now that you have all the requests coming in, would you please answer them and possibly explain WHY the change was needed. !
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 89 (5,991 Views)
I agree! It is so frustrating to have to sit through a commercial before you start a new game. Seriously? How many times do I have to see the same ad?
Info Seeker

Message 13 of 89 (6,083 Views)

Has AARP ever considered fixing the game problems before changing them? You have maj jonng games that are impossible to clear the screen because tiles that previously matched no long do. So the the change to the scoring is not exactly a shock. Maybe if you could put twenty or thirty more ads on each screen you could afford to fix the games. I will not be renewing as you don't need my money with all the flashing ads you have sold. Do you ever actually test these changes?

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 89 (6,056 Views)

Go back to old way

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 89 (6,007 Views)

go back to old way

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 89 (6,012 Views)

I don't know why you keep thinking that we need changes.  If I want to know what the top score of the day is, all I have to do is scroll down!  Now I don't even know where to find my personal best.  And, I want to know what my personal best is, so I can keep trying to better it.  Please, please change back to what makes sense for the people who play the game.  I LOVE this game!  Stop messing with it!

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 89 (6,099 Views)

I spent weeks playing "Landing Party" to make a top ten all-time score. I entered that list at #4 and a few days later got up to #3. Over the previous two days playing, I'm pretty sure I set the all-time high score when I ended my game at 577,000. My previous high was 340,000. I knew the #2 score was in the upper 300,000's and believe the #1 score was in the low 500,000's. I couldn't wait to finally see my name at the top of the list. Then I saw there was no list anymore. I was completely pissed off with that. I probably took over 8 combined hours of play to get that score and now it feels less rewarding. Why would you take away all-time high list? The first goal is to keep beating your own best score. Then you want to go after the best scores of everyone else if you've kept improving. If some players didn't want the all-time list for some reason, all they have to do is not look at it. Let those who are good at games compare themselves with the best. I can't think of any type of competition where very good participants wouldn't want to see how they stack up against the best.

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 89 (6,073 Views)

I also would like to be able to see my all time high score for each game. 

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 89 (6,026 Views)

I wish to add my agreement with all those who said we like to be able to see our own high scores.  I like to compete with myself as well.

Lois

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 89 (5,873 Views)

So sorry , CatGiorgia !   I misread your name as Giorgio  and guessed  " boy "  .   Loved how you stated your case  about the game changes . Use your voice !  :-)