Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Community Manager

Re: Important Changes to AARP.org Games Leaderboards

Message 1 of 89 (81,617 Views)

Thank you all for your feedback regarding the recent leaderboard updates. We value your insights and have heard you regarding the need to easily see your own best scores. As a result, you now have the ability to see your personal, all-time best score for every game on the site. This new feature can be seen within the gray box below each game (see screenshot below). We hope this update feature helps you top your best score again and again!Untitled.png

Community Manager

Message 2 of 89 (110,932 Views)

Thank you all for sharing your candid feedback on the recent changes made to the AARP gaming experience.  We acknowledge the impact this has on the ability to see your top game score.  We understand how important this feature is to you, and as a result are looking into options to address this highly desired scoring number.    More to come on this topic as we uncover our options.

In addition, some users have detailed examples with scoring issues on a number of games. We’re further testing these games to validate the scoring logic and will let you know when that's complete. 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 89 (110,972 Views)

try www adblockplus org - it's saved my sanity.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 89 (111,014 Views)

So sick of the lengthy, repetitive, ads. The clever, short ones I do not mind, like the Glad Bag one. How do you find the ad blocker? App Store? Not very tech savvy.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 89 (111,064 Views)

That used to drive ne nuts. Then I read that the US has one of the lowest adoption rates of ad blocker software on the planet. So I did a bit of research, installed a free ad blocker (took less than a minute) and have lived commercial and ad free ever since. I've saved hours of time not having to wait through those boring, repetitive ads! Give it a try!

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 89 (111,102 Views)

Maybe the commercials pay for the site? remember nothing in this world is free!

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 89 (111,132 Views)

I think that the AARP staff would want to listen to their subscribers regarding the changes. I honestly haven't read every comment, but, I haven't read one that says that commenter is happy with the changes. If I missed it/them, I apologize. Looks like I will gain a few hours a week now that I won't be playing the games on a regular basis. Please, listen to the people who are taking time to comment. How many others will just stay away without bothering to comment?

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 89 (111,216 Views)

Message 4 of 81 (365 Views)

‎05-19-2017 08:04 AM
I agree! It is so frustrating to have to sit through a commercial before you start a new game. Seriously? How many times do I have to see the same ad?
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 89 (111,364 Views)

I absolutely agree - why try to fix something that isn't broken. Please listen to your membership and go back to the old scoring system.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 89 (111,545 Views)

I have been playing on this site for quite a while . . I usually get a high score, however I dont understand the reasoning on your scoring.. You say beat the clock. I sometime have a great LOW time, but my score isnt that great, other games my time isnt that good and I get a great score..exactly how do you determine our scores.....I have not used any of the hints on many occasions, had a low time and my score is a dissapointment...other times I use all the hints...lousy time ... and a great score...how does that work