AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Apparently, if you complain about something, you can't post reminders.

Message 1 of 13 (121 Views)

CatGiorgia66 wrote:

Dear AARP Lynne:

I have to vent.  You posted an encouraging reply way back on June 5th that ["...the technical team ... were able to reproduce the issue and this is being scheduled for repair in the coming weeks."] 

According to my calendar, that's five weeks ago.  I guess I kinda thought "coming" meant "a few," like, two or three.  Whereas it's been 6.5 weeks (i.e., 5/24) since you initially brought this issue to their attention.

Now, I'm no computer genius, nor am I a programmer, but I've worked in offices long enough to think that:

a) they (Arkadium) are dragging their feet because hosting a game on the AARP website is probably not a money-maker for them;

b) they only make money if people get sucked into buying coins; and

c) if this game EVER worked (when they first uploaded it to AARP games), then it should be a simple matter of re-booting it so that the trophy room works.

I realize that this is a "first world" problem, and that there are many other games on many sites to be played.  However, it is beneath the AARP's level of responsibility to continue to do business with a company which obviously is either completely calleous in regard to their errors, OR they're incompetent.  Either way, I'm extremely disappointed in their scheduling efforts. 

@CatGiorgia66 Just making sure @AARPLynne sees this. Without an @ mention, she may not see your comment, as she may have unsubscribed from this thread. An @ mention sends a notice to her email inbox about your mention whether or not she is subscribed to the thread. To create an @ mention, type @, then select the person you wish to notify from the drop-down menu that appears at in the lower left side of the composition box.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 13 (133 Views)

Dear AARP Lynne:

I have to vent.  You posted an encouraging reply way back on June 5th that ["...the technical team ... were able to reproduce the issue and this is being scheduled for repair in the coming weeks."] 

According to my calendar, that's five weeks ago.  I guess I kinda thought "coming" meant "a few," like, two or three.  Whereas it's been 6.5 weeks (i.e., 5/24) since you initially brought this issue to their attention.

Now, I'm no computer genius, nor am I a programmer, but I've worked in offices long enough to think that:

a) they (Arkadium) are dragging their feet because hosting a game on the AARP website is probably not a money-maker for them;

b) they only make money if people get sucked into buying coins; and

c) if this game EVER worked (when they first uploaded it to AARP games), then it should be a simple matter of re-booting it so that the trophy room works.

I realize that this is a "first world" problem, and that there are many other games on many sites to be played.  However, it is beneath the AARP's level of responsibility to continue to do business with a company which obviously is either completely calleous in regard to their errors, OR they're incompetent.  Either way, I'm extremely disappointed in their scheduling efforts. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 13 (216 Views)

Dear SusieC51:

Not a dumb question at all.  Go down to my first post (i.e., the one on June 27th which started this thread) and, in the third paragraph, if you click on the blue hi-lited word "HERE", you'll be diverted to my original thread, "Trizzle game trophy room broken".  I hope this helps.

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 13 (229 Views)

SusieC51 wrote:

You are apparently great at this, I don't even know where the Symptom Checker is located! Were you a teacher, or just really good at this site? I'm impressed! Thank you! At least I am trying.

@SusieC51 Eh, I just have a natural ability with puzzles. Smiley Happy I look at the consistently broken, but not always in the same way Rewards for Good program as a puzzle: how do I get the system to award me all my points today? This quest has led me to discover hidden and unspoken ways to earn points. I've detailed them in other threads. I'll give you the links in a minute, but first here's a link to 'all' the R4G health tools. Some give points, some have been broken over a year. You'll learn which is which with a click or two. Smiley Happy  http://www.aarp.org/health/health_tools/

The way I get to the Talix sponsored health tools, which were moved off the main points earning page for unknown reasons well over a year ago, is by clicking the Drug Compare health tool. See that list of health tools over on the right of the image? The Pill Identifer gives 75 points on Sunday (or once  week if you don't play on Sunday) and the Health Encyclopedia hasn't given me points in over a year, but the rest of those are links to tasks that give 6, 15, 30 points a day. Weeeee!  I discovered this by accident one day. Smiley Happy

r4g drug compare health tool gateway.png

OK, now for the links to Rewards for Good threads with points earning tips: https://search.aarp.org/gss/everywhere?q=r4g%20points%20earn

Hint: I tag each tip post with R4G earn points. You can find past and future tip posts by searching for that tag. Smiley Happy

Have fun and earn oodles of points!

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 13 (238 Views)

You are apparently great at this, I don't even know where the Symptom Checker is located! Were you a teacher, or just really good at this site? I'm impressed! Thank you! At least I am trying.

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 13 (248 Views)

SusieC51 wrote:

I complained because it says members receive double points on quizzes, I am a member and have been for over 15 years now. No double points unless you join or renew - I am joined, it says my name right at the top; I don't need to renew until February 2018. So, why am I not getting my double points, what's the secret? If anyone knows, please let me know (if I can find your answer)! This should be so much easier to navigate this blogging area and actually get the points for members! Very frustrating. PS sometimes my responses post 2 or more times in a row, making me look like a complete idiot!

@SusieC51  I bet you have been receiving your extra member points all along. To check my thesis, I created a temporary non-member dummy account and went over to Rewards for Good, and opened the Symptom Checker task because I know by heart the points earned for this daily task. The badge, as you can see, offered the phantom non-member a mere 4 points to complete this daily task. As a member, I receive a whopping 6 points a day for clicking my way through this particular bit of tedium. Smiley Happy Please note: The system offers members 50% more points, rather than double points.

Non-members get 4 points for searching symptoms daily ...Non-members get 4 points for searching symptoms daily ...

Here now, a look at the points I earned today for using the Symptom Checker:

whereas members earn a whopping 6 points for this daily task.whereas members earn a whopping 6 points for this daily task.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 13 (262 Views)

Wow, that was fast! Thank you, I will call when I get a chance!

Community Manager

Message 8 of 13 (267 Views)

@SusieC51

If you are not receiving the points you expected from the Rewards for Good quizzes, we ask you to reach out to an AARP representative who can assist you further.  They can be reached at 1.888.605.6432.  They can assist you in clarifying this.

AARPTeri
Gold Conversationalist

Message 9 of 13 (269 Views)

Hate to seem dumb, "original thread," what is that and how do I find it? I am so sorry to ask, however, this is really confusing to us newbies! Bet this is why so many just give up! I am one of those squeaky wheels that does not!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 10 of 13 (277 Views)

I complained because it says members receive double points on quizzes, I am a member and have been for over 15 years now. No double points unless you join or renew - I am joined, it says my name right at the top; I don't need to renew until February 2018. So, why am I not getting my double points, what's the secret? If anyone knows, please let me know (if I can find your answer)! This should be so much easier to navigate this blogging area and actually get the points for members! Very frustrating. PS sometimes my responses post 2 or more times in a row, making me look like a complete idiot!