Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Info Seeker

Re: AARPLynne - Question for You

Message 1 of 6 (620 Views)

i would like to see the 'help' screen for Klondike fixed so that you can keep it from appearing

everytime you start a game

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (913 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nctarheel - I wish AARP would introduce us to a half dozen of those high scorers, by having them chat here about their strategies for attaining those scores .. and telling us a little about themselves. My guess is they can't, because those people aren't regulars, may be kids, and have no real interest in AARP .. or maybe they don't even exist!

@ASTRAEA,

I know they weren't regulars. I checked.

Those scores weren't attained, as the construction of the game of 5 ROLL precluded any score of above around 6700. Scores of 52,000 and 47,000 had to BE PLACED on the games platform by some other means(HACKING???).

AARP has yet to address that fact. They deleted the ALL TIME SCORE category for that purpose.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (926 Views)

@nctarheel - I wish AARP would introduce us to a half dozen of those high scorers, by having them chat here about their strategies for attaining those scores .. and telling us a little about themselves. My guess is they can't, because those people aren't regulars, may be kids, and have no real interest in AARP .. or maybe they don't even exist!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (937 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

Why do you always shut down topics after you've feel you've responded, so neither the original poster nor anyone else can ask a follow-up question, get clarification, or ask something tangential?

What's the big rush in shutting down these discussions? If gives most of us the feeling that you really don't want to be questioned about problems with the website, or questioned at all! It's a very chilling atmosphere, when I get a notification about a new post in a discussion .. but when I access it, you've already shut it down as soon as you've said what you wanted!

@ASTRAEA,

I had noticed the same thing.

Now they have returned the "ALL TIME HIGH SCORES" back to the games platform..... but only on a private screen open only to the player.

The problems with the "ALL TIME HIGH SCORES" had to do with BOGUS scores, not attained by game play but by "hacking" onto the games platform. When several made complaints, the leaderboards were changed to reflect just daily and monthly highs. They deleted ALL TIME HIGHS initially, maybe because it was a security issue that was posing great difficulty. Who knows????

Now that the ALL TIME HIGH SCORES are returned to the games platform; I ask, what is the use of the figure if no one else can see it or attempt to break it?????

Not that the games are a sport, but what sport do you know of that they keep stats for "bests" a month at a time but not for all time "bests"??????

Community Manager

Message 5 of 6 (951 Views)

The primary reason why we close threads is related to venting and/or ranting. Our Community Members (and the Community Management team) always want to hear feedback about how our Members are enjoying the benefits of AARP. This feedback may sometimes include criticism or concerns, and we welcome that too. However, we do ask that the criticism be constructive and in the spirt of helping us to improve. And therefore, we reserve the right to lock or remove threads that devolve into ranting or venting.   We also have often seen the same comments in several different threads and as result will close those threads to avoid duplication. Similarly, we may move posts to consolidate duplicate topics.

A secondary reason why we may close threads is for clarity. Closing a discussion to further posting allows us to “pin” the latest update or solution to a topic. Often times, updates to a topic will be superseded by additional posts, making it unclear for other users to see the latest information. Again, closing a discussion to further posts allows us to present the most current information and/or a solution or answer to a common question.

Treasured Social Butterfly

AARPLynne - Question for You

Message 6 of 6 (967 Views)

Why do you always shut down topics after you've feel you've responded, so neither the original poster nor anyone else can ask a follow-up question, get clarification, or ask something tangential?

What's the big rush in shutting down these discussions? If gives most of us the feeling that you really don't want to be questioned about problems with the website, or questioned at all! It's a very chilling atmosphere, when I get a notification about a new post in a discussion .. but when I access it, you've already shut it down as soon as you've said what you wanted!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!