Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Sloppy programming - frustrating to play

for several years I have filled out surveys on the games and nothing changes. The app is not usable as apart from the crashes and going slow mid-game, the graphics do not work on my iPad as the control buttons for some games are right where the back button for the screen is, so I suddenly lose the game screen. On some Staying Sharp games the bottom line of the puzzle is actually off screen so cannot be played. This has been the case for three yearsโ€ฆIf I play on the web using my iPad,  the games will randomly crash or go slow. That your programmers have never made their products work on Safari is a disgrace and beyond unprofessional. Even this panel I am typing in does not fit my screen and I cannot see the left side of what I typed. You are getting appalling value for your money from these people. (I am from a  family of programmers- they would be out of work if they did this poor a job.) 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have just recently begun to have problems with mahjong dimensions.  I am using my home computer.  When the arrow is pointed to a position, it does not appear to "read" that position and won't respond.  This has started recently.  Have there been any changes made lately that could affect the performance?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @j521922d, I'm so sorry to hear of this frustrating difficulty! Could you please share with me which iPad you have, its current OS, and if Safari is updated? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPHannah wrote:

Could you please share with me which iPad you have, its current OS, and if Safari is updated? Thanks. 

I, several years ago, had issues with gaming at AARP'S web site. After contact with the AARP representatives, which resulted in the representative asking about my current OS, asking how updated my Safari was just as you have. They went on to ask if I had cleared my cache, and if I had deleted my cookies. In other words, they were placing the blame on MY hardware, MY software, or MY equipment.

The issues I was having at the time continued after I followed all of the AARP representative's instructions.

My Apple equipment at the time was new so I had access to their customer service. I called them, described my issues, and they basically summed up the issue as follows.

To paraphrase: They said that AARP'S web site was "behind the times" "slow" and several other remarks relating to "slowness". They said that the web site would not be compatible with the speed at which Safari operates.

It was at that time, I changed my browser to FIREFOX. I have had much fewer issues with FIREFOX vis-a-vis AARP than I did with SAFARI.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP