Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Share one piece of advice from Mom.

Message 21 of 41

My mom's most oft repeated words of advice are:

"You need to get along with everyone."

"If you share, you'll have more friends."

and that old favorite: "Try not to fight!"

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 41

When returning home from doing errands, my mom would always take an indirect route to drive down a particular street. One day, I asked her why. She said, "I always go the pretty way" and pointed out a particular house with lovely landscaping. No matter where we went we saw some simple beauty because mom always went the pretty way.

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 41

Make sure you have a job so that you can always suppport yourself, and don't have to just rely on a man to support you

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 41

My mother always led through example.  Make your bed every morning, put a dab/spray of perfume between your breasts,  and look into a mirror with a smile. She had 6 children,  2 of whom were severely disabled due to Polio, and persevered.  She never complained and faced each day with courage and grace.

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 41

It must be nice having Thumper for a grandfather. lol  Great saying.

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 41

My mom told me that NO One Can Take Care of my Children like i do...not even her. Not that my mom wasnt a good guardian or grandma...she simply meant your children should be your priority trust no one to take care of them like yourself.

I always remembered that.

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 41

When all else fails...read the directions.

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 41

Always be independent. Never really on anyone but yourself.

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 41

In a similar vein to gossip, my maternal grandmother ALWAYS said, 'when you grow up, you will realize that common sense is not all that common.'  How True!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 41

My stepmother told me that learning to cook using fresh ingredients and leaving commercially canned or packaged foods at the grocery store would never fail me. She was right about that.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving