Caring for loved ones?

Find the resources you need

Community
Home & Relationships

Community Manager
AARPTeri

Mother’s Day 2014 Thank You Contest BEGINS MAY 1ST

[ Edited ]

The AARP Online Community is hosting a Thank Your Mother Contest.  

To enter, simply reply to this post between Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. ET and Monday, May 12, 2014 at 11:59 a.m. with a thank you letter written to your mother or to someone who was like a mother to you.  Two winners will be chosen from all posts to receive a $100 gift card.

The winners will be selected based on his/her posts in accordance with the following criteria ("Criteria"):  (i) active participation in the online community forums (20%); (ii) creativity (40%); and (iii) capture the theme of the Contest (40%).  The two individuals with the highest overall score during the contest time period will be the potential winners.  See official rules here:  http://www.aarp.org/online_community/CommunityContestRules.html

We are looking forward to reading some great posts!

AARPTeri
Info Seeker +
cb7771

Re: Mother’s Day 2014 Thank You Contest BEGINS MAY 1ST

Thank You Mom, 

I know I put you through many a trying time and kept you on your toes as a youngin, Sorry for all that.  You have always been the one to help me up when i fell, dried the tears when I hurt, Hugged me when I cried, Yelled at me when I did not listen, cheered when I did good, and cared even when I did not. You pushed me on my way, said okay get out there and do me proud, Thank You Mom, I have three beautiful children who love you dearly and talk of you often as do I.  I made something of myself and it is all because of you that I succeeded in this life. Thank You Mom. It is Mothers Day again this year and I want to tell you to your face Thank You Mom. I only wish I could. Hopefully god will give her the message, I miss her Dearly every day. Love and miss you mom. and THANK YOU!

Info Seeker
rb8438

Thank you Mom, for being my Shero, your a survivor and you never give up.. I remeber in March of 2005 you suffered a Hemorrhagic Stroke which left you completely paralyzed on your left side. You where determined to do two things: not to give up and to graduate from college. Just four weeks later you graduated from Wilson Community College with two degrees and in December 2012 you graduated from East Carolina University with honors. You are my mom, my Hero, and you are a survivor, you never gives up. You are the busiest retired person I know: volunteering at Vidant Medical Center, running Red Apron your Health and Wellness non-profit. You are my Shero...Happy Mother's Day and Thank you, Mom for raising me to always show love, give back and never give up. I love you.

Info Seeker
kg643

Thank you mom for being awesome! You always support my crazy ideas even if some don't turn out like they should. Thank you for all your care packages while I was in the Navy, flying helicopters in Portland and now finishing school in Boise. They always put a smile on my face! I know we are far apart but I hope to see you soon.

You are a rock star momsey!
Info Seeker
nv4507

Wish my mother was still here to cheer me on and see her first grandchild graduate from high school this year.Perhaps 49 years seems a long time to many, but during each of those years I felt you walking by my side and cheering me on to become the mom and grandmom I am today. Thanks Mother for teaching me so much in the first 18 years of my life.

Silver Conversationalist
verymery

My mommy…yes I still call you mommy.  You worked tirelessly to support the four of us.   We did not have much, but for every birthday…every ballgame…every holiday, you made sure to show us that we were special and important to you.  It was love that mattered to you…Love that you gave to us every single day.  You taught me what a good mother is and now your grandchildren love you just as much as I do.

On this special day I want you to always know how important you are and how very much you are cherished.  Love Karen

Info Seeker
glomclif

I would like to Thank My Mother for putting up with my foolishness during my growing up years, I want to Thank her for chasing me up the stairs with the broom when I said "shut up", knowing I was wrong.  Thank you for taking time to explain and teach me the way of the world and the rules of life, be kind, say "please and thank you", "may I", open doors for the elderly, do things for everyone, especially, Seniors from my heart and not expect to be paid, hoping I will have a chance to grow old one day.  Thank you to all Mothers.  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Info Seeker +
en4469

At this time of life, I watch over you as you always protected me.  I pamper you.  After all, you taught me how to do this so well.  Remeber putting cozy socks on my childlke feet whe I awoke on a cold winter's morn before I set out to school?  Remember preparing my packing before I left for Europe?  I was no longer a child, still everything was crisply pressed.  To my surpise, I found special coded notes in each pocket of my clothing.  They simply read, 'GBY, Love Mom'.  Friends looked quizzically at these torn little pieces of paper with the scribbling on them.  I never told!  I still have all of them...lovingly saved in a box.  Now I say it to you Mom, 'GBY'...God Bless You!   Now and always, GBY from a grateful and loving daughter.

Info Seeker
stouthpbw

I want to thank my daughter for being an amazing Mom to my Grandson. She is raising him on her own--and takes important interest in his school work, his sport games, his interest in being outside rather than playing video games, making sure he is in good health, and getting him enrolled in camps for outdoor experiences, horseback riding and healthy and fun activities. He does very well in school and very well in sports. He is 6 years old and a wonderful child--thanks to his Mom. She volunteers at his school, works, gets him to school and picks him up, gets him to sports activities, and makes sure he is getting enough rest to be attentive in school.  She is absolutely the most amazing, loving, attentive and hard working Mom I know. And I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart.

Info Seeker
navy22

If it wasn't for my mom helping me out after having cancer surgery. She is letting me stay with her to recover & to heal from my surgery. I'm concedered homeless with no place to stay untill after I'm healed. Her home is like a hospital home temporary. My mom is having fun with this at my exepence. This makes her feel young again. So I will take this as a sign of wisdom.