Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: How do you spend Memorial Day?

Message 11 of 19

If I were by myself, I would do the same thing. Always something to clean or unclutter.

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Re: Home by the fire pit.

Message 12 of 19

We don't enjoy large crowds. We  are nature lovers and spend most of our time outdoors.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 19

I will be working at a retail store in a tourist town. Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 19

I have nowhere to go unless I go alone and hate that.  So I am going to stay home and declutter my spare room some more.  Giving away loads of stuff. I will eat whatever I have on hand.   I did work holidays until last September, but now have them off.  And I never really did anything.  If I were younger, I would go it alone.

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 19

My husband and I are manning a booth for all 3 days for our Territitoral Days in Old Colorado City , Colo Springs

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 19

In years past, I was a casual observer of this holiday. Not indifferent, but not participatory. This has changed in the past three years. Now married to a retired Navy man (31 years service), we are both very active in the Local VFW 1881, Cheyenne, WY. This post will be hosting a big cook-out, with any verteran in the area invited to attend. We expect 200 minimum. Before the cookout there will be a service at the Memorial Cemetary. Flags will placed at the graves of the Fallen....speeches will be made and wreathes placed. Our dead will be remembered and the living celebrated.

Always good to reach out to the veteran and remember them all.

Mary W

Silver Conversationalist

Message 17 of 19

I'm going to a picnic with friends.

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 19

On Memorial day we begin our trip to Zion National Park.  We will spend Memorial day and the next before we make our way to Yellowstone National Park for another seven Days.Smiley Happy

Community Manager

How do you spend Memorial Day?

Message 19 of 19

Tell us how you spend the Memorial Day weekend.  Do you have a tradition?  Or just relax? 

AARPTeri