Caring for loved ones?

Caring for loved ones?

Find the resources you need

Community
Home & Relationships

Community Manager
AARPTeri

Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?

There is a great story here http://www.aarp.org/videos.id=904310725001 where an 80 year old woman decides to follow her children and grandchildren and get a meaningful family tattoo.  It is great.  Would you get a tattoo?  I have always thought if I ever were to get a tattoo it would be something Irish (a trinity knot or clover) and I would want my sisters and daugther to have the same.  After seeing this story, I might start a conversation about this after all.  What about you?
AARPTeri
Community Manager
AARPTeri

Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?

There is a great story here http://www.aarp.org/videos.id=904310725001 where an 80 year old woman decides to follow her children and grandchildren and get a meaningful family tattoo.  It is great.  Would you get a tattoo?  I have always thought if I ever were to get a tattoo it would be something Irish (a trinity knot or clover) and I would want my sisters and daugther to have the same.  After seeing this story, I might start a conversation about this after all.  What about you?
AARPTeri
Info Seeker
lovelifelovelife74

Re: Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?

I really have thought about it a lot, most of my friends have one, and I think they look so great a friend here in town is a tattoo artist and he is excellent. Maybe on the arm
Info Seeker
RSpena

I was gifted a tattoo on my 60th Birthday, a wounderful gift.

Info Seeker
lvinnie

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Info Seeker
cousinsal50

In Response to Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?:

I got one a few years back on my ankle - it's the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.  I love it - it's bigger than I thought it would be, but I like it - nice colors.  (I'm 62 now)
Info Seeker
jackiethek

nooooooooω
Info Seeker
pjjordan9

My son just became a tattoo artist and I would love to wear his work on my body.  Taking something of his to my end.  The more I learned about them the more interested and appreciative of the artistry I have become.
Info Seeker
amilburn

I got my first tattoo when I was 60.  I'm 65 now with 4 tattoos.  There are 2 more I want to get.  I recommend you use an Artist whose work you have seen on a friend.  Don't just wonder into a tattoo shop and get a TAT.

n Response to Re: Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?:
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by lvinnie

Info Seeker
biteme2nite

I got one at 45 and now at 61 it needs refreshing, but I would rather spend my extra cash on Botox and the like.
Cool