Info Seeker

Re: Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?

Message 1 of 76 (910 Views)
   I got my frist one three years a go!! i loveit now i want others
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 76 (910 Views)
In Response to Re: Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?:
I have two tattoos. One I got when I turned 50. It's on my back and it's a cute little rose. The second is a giraffe on my right leg. I love them both!!!!! I got the giraffe 3 years ago. I'm now 66 and I'm a woman.
Posted by vashiem

WaaHoo Great for You Granny!!!!!!  Keep up the great work!!!   gr8fulgilmore
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 76 (910 Views)
In Response to Grandma Got a Tattoo, Would You?:
There is a great story here  http://www.aarp.org/videos.id=904310725001 where an 80 year old woman decides to follow her children and grandchildren and get a meaningful family tattoo.  It is great.  Would you get a tattoo?  I have always thought if I ever were to get a tattoo it would be something Irish (a trinity knot or clover) and I would want my sisters and daugther to have the same.  After seeing this story, I might start a conversation about this after all.  What about you?
Posted by AARPTeri

Lil Sis & I (both AARPers) vacationed in Edmonton Alberta Canada last yr..."lady" tatoo'ers were not even heard of or considered in my"Tatoo Years".  Almost all the military GUYS stationed in San Diego in the late '60s had tattoos (I married a sailor stationed in SD, CA) but I saw no ladies with the designs...lotsa jewelry however. (now days 'tis reversed??)
So, back to Canada...in the Edmonton Mall there was a nice, gentle lady doing tattoos for folks while numerous others viewed the activity.  So, after a 65 yr old self-argument, I won & got my rose/butterfly tattoo that I enjoy.  My major disappointment?  Tattoo & I are not of unique attention back here in MT as I kinda thought we'd be...durn it anyways! Smiley Wink
Grinnin'Gr8ful Gilmore
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 76 (910 Views)
NO --   I realize that the tattoo has been around forever and across the globe in many cultures.  But to me it is like saying " hey I like this tee shirt. I think I will wear it every day for the rest of my life."  Most people will regret the tattoo. They just will not admit it. Would you ?  Your beliefs and taste evolve. Tattoos don't. You want to make a statement for something you love, or believe in?   BUY A TEE SHIRT.
Posted by coopa66

Well said. I am a Graphic Artist and I love anything artistic and some tattoos are truly amazing but that fact that I am stuck with anything permanent is a turnoff. Can't see myself ever getting one.
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 76 (910 Views)
I got a tatoo when I was 40.  I believe that a person should'nt have more than two tatoo, because it will look ugly is you over due it.  Otherwise I see nothing wrong on having two tattoos. They are beatiful.
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 76 (910 Views)
I think it's hilarious that people get tattoos to be "unique" and show their individuality while they all end up being sheep that look alike - LOL.  I'm a rebel in today's society I guess because I DON'T have a tattoo and have absolutely no desire for one.  It's the current version of the spiked hair or piercings - a cry for attention, indication of insecurity, and need to belong to some group.

Conversationalist

Message 7 of 76 (1,020 Views)
my Grandma was more intelligent than that!
Conversationalist

Message 8 of 76 (1,020 Views)
They are only for people who are unable to think!!!
Retired Moderator

Message 9 of 76 (1,020 Views)
My son just became a tattoo artist and I would love to wear his work on my body.  Taking something of his to my end.  The more I learned about them the more interested and appreciative of the artistry I have become.
Posted by pjjordan9

That sounds wonderful! I also like the tattoos that people get to remember their loved ones by. It seems to be getting more popular.
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 76 (1,020 Views)
I AM Grandma...and I have 4
tats & plan on getting a fifth one!!!