Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ“ฌ Any Opinions - Post Office Issues!!!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ฌ Any Opinions - Post Office Issues!!!

I have always made sure my Mail Person knew how much I APPRECIATED them "delivering" my mail over the years.

Now in 2024, age 66 this year - I am so upset at the INCREASED AND VIOLENT attacks against them!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ค

I TRY not to mail or have stuff mailed these days due to DISHONEST Mail Employees.

Hmmm, wonder how and how long these "issues" will be FIXED and IF they can be.

Then ADD the "backlog" at some Post Offices - yikes...  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Thanks for stopping by to join OUR DISCUSSION.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos

Lol, I totally forgot about the Tractor Trailer that has US MAIL on it that parks on the hill beside my Apartment Complex. Weekends ONLY.

It is Saturday and I just heard his "beep beep" as he backed into my entrance so as to face the main street. Of course he parks on WRONG SIDE of this Neighborhood Side Street. Folks luv to race up and down it. Now to hope someone does NOT crash into truck = NO street lights.

Lol, the deer and other wild life I am sure have checked it out.

Anyone else have these trucks OVERNIGHTING in your neighborhood?

I am waiting for some DETERMINED Mail Thief to figure out how to steal this Tractor Trailer = more stolen Virginia mail.

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos

[1] What has been YOUR EXPERIENCE with the Post Office?

[2] How have you RESOLVED any "issues" you may have had with them?

[3] Any thoughts on IMPROVING the service WE are receiving?

[4] If you can, please add your response to comments left by OTHERS.  โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘โ€Œโ€Œ

Thanks,

Nicole  โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ตโ€Œโ€Œ

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“ฌ  United States Postal Service says to fix your broken mailboxes (Fox 5)

HAVE YOU DONE THIS?  ๐Ÿค”  MY BOX IS IN A MULTI CLUSTER & GRATEFUL IT LOCKS!  ๐Ÿ™„

By: Travis Schlepp. Posted: May 6, 2024.

The United States Postal Service is encouraging Americans to clean up and fix their mailboxes as part of an annual campaign.

Mailbox Improvement Week takes place every third week of May and is meant to gently urge homeowners to perform maintenance on their mailboxes and repair regular wear and tear.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/national-news/why-the-usps-is-urging-homeowners-to-fix-their-mailboxes...

0 Kudos

WHAT IS YOUR PREFERENCE?

Online Mail, Post Office Mail or BOTH?

Lol, or neither.

I do not like either as they both are a pain sometimes. Way TOO MUCH mail I rather NOT deal with.

With my Mailbox, there should be some way to STOP junk and mail that does NOT belong to you. It is like do they READ the names on YOUR mail BEFORE sorting for delivery. Apparently not!!!  ๐Ÿ™„

With online, luv it EXCEPT for Aetna Medicare for my Part D feels a need to send me emails telling me about their OTHER options. Hello Aetna, I am sure whomever or whatever is sending them could be maybe answering your phones so we are NOT on hold forever? Just a thought! I would BLOCK their emails, but may miss something important. Oh, the same with the Aetna Medicare Post Office Mail. Reminds me of AARP. Spending billions on Post Office junk mail. Money we Seniors could use...

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“ฌ Mailed checks have become targets of robbers (Baltimore Sun)

I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS OF BEING ATTACHED TO MY CHECKBOOK. NOT ANYMORE - ONLINE PAYMENTS FOR ME.  ๐Ÿ‘

FROM ARTICLE - SEE ARTICLE FOR MORE!

Last month, I made the mistake of placing two unpaid bills with checks inside the billing envelope into a U.S. Postal Service mailbox on USPS property. Those two mailed bills were somehow stolen and the checks removed from the envelope and, according to Bank of America, the checks were โ€œwashedโ€ and another name applied. My bank then paid out the amounts to the thieving check washers even though the signature applied to the back of the check looked like it was signed by a scratching chicken.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/05/03/mailed-checks-targeted/

0 Kudos

MY SUGGESTION:

USPS Informed Delivery.

Why and what it is?  ๐Ÿค”

It is a FREE "online" service provided by YOUR local post office that sends you an ALERT [text or email] when they will be DELIVERING mail to YOU that day.

I like it and so far ALL my mail has arrived.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Stuff like Social Security and Car that they INSIST on mailing to me  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„,  I like to KNOW so I can pursue issue IF this mail does NOT arrive.

Anyone else using this service?

Your thoughts?

I chose EMAIL and they usually arrive in my IN BOX 7am ET the day of delivery. I SAVE these emails until I go to my mailbox to get mail.

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Promise I won't attack my mailman for the amount of junk mail, & the occasional "telescoping" of mail which can become annoying as I have to go through every piece of junk mail.

(3/27/24) @Tempest332 , we should be PAID to have "junk" delivered = my time to take to "dumpster" each week!!!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Bronze Conversationalist

Last week my "Marriage Mail" was left in the open box, my car registration & Drivers license was telescoped within, & it rained/snowed. 

(4/8/24) Yikes @Tempest332 !!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hmmm, the only car thing that is mailed to me is the STICKER for my plates.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Sticker & Reg, Drivers licenses are mailed about a week after issue.

(4/9/24) Interesting @Tempest332 , I always get my Driver's License at their office. A pain, but I DO NOT trust the Post Office.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

DL Has to go through the mail here, I inquired if it could be sent there & I could do a pick up, no go. 

Stickers can be got at the DMV, Mail or the new Vending machines (@ $5 extra)

Kudos
Views

(4/11/24) @Tempest332 , so far my stickers have been arriving via mail when I pay online. Thanks, always nice to have OTHER options IF that changes.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP