Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ˜ค 2024 How Are YOU Handling Junk Mail From AARP?

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ˜ค 2024 How Are YOU Handling Junk Mail From AARP?

It has been over 3 YEARS since I cancelled my AARP MEMBERSHIP [2021], but they are still FILLING UP MY MAILBOX with Life Insurance mail with my NAME and other personal data on it.

You can post on THIS SITE as a Non-Member which I now do - NEW ACCOUNT SET UP.

[1] AARP, what does it take to REMOVE my personal information from ALL mail from you???

[2] Goodness, had to CHANGE email address, phone number and accounts to STOP the email/phone spam.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Anyway, IF anyone has figured out a SOLUTION, please share!!!

*** And I DO NOT need a "response" from @AARPConsumerCare , waste of my time  ***

Thanks a bunch,

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos

Wednesday 5/15/24 10:33pm ET

[1] Has anyone found a SOLUTION? If yes, please share. Thanks!!!

[2] Usually I have been SHREDDING the AARP Life Insurance Forms I still get in mail even though I CANCELED my membership in 2021. Totally over it and CALLED company this week. Will take 90 days for mail to stop. Why? Their mailing is handled by a VENDOR. If I get anymore AARP Life Insurance mail after 90 days, NEXT stop will be the Washington DC BBB. They and the AARP Corporate Office were awesome with 2 complaints I had about AARP. When complaining about AARP to BBB (Better Business Bureau) - ALWAYS use the one in Washington DC. That is where the AARP Corporate Office is located. Using your LOCATION's BBB is a waste of time.

[3] 90 days will be August 2024. Hmmm, wonder IF I will be celebrating my September 2024 66th Birthday WITH NO AARP LIFE INSURANCE MAIL.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

*** And I DO NOT need a "response" from @AARPConsumerCare , waste of my time ***

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

(Tuesday 5/14/24 1:44pm ET)

I just got off the phone with the AARP Life Insurance Program.

Had to fight with the automated system to get to a HUMAN. Kept repeating Customer Service to it.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

[1] Lol, sounds like AARP mailings = give them 90 DAYS to stop mailings because it is handled by a VENDOR.

Hmmm, so the VENDOR also has my PERSONAL INFO.

Gosh, thanks AARP - way to go.

[2] Anymore MAIL arrives AFTER 90 days - next stop will be the WASHINGTON DC BBB where the AARP Corporate Office is. Waste of time using my Virginia BBB. Great folks at Corporate. Helped me in the past.  ๐Ÿ‘  Responded IMMEDIATELY to my two COMPLAINTS.

*** And I DO NOT need a "response" from @AARPConsumerCare , waste of my time ***

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos

(Monday 5/13/24 7:46am ET)

I just received an email from my LOCAL POST OFFICE saying I have mail from AARP.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

I usually SHRED IT [all I need is my identity stolen in my old age, thanks AARP], but this time:

[1] I am keeping mail.

[2] Calling โ–ถ๏ธ*** New York Life Insurance ***โ—€๏ธ  to REQUEST removal from their DATA BASE.

Then WAIT to see IF I get more mail from them.

Lol, on envelope it says TO BE OPENED BY ADDRESSEE ONLY.

So AARP, what happens IF a dishonest Postal Worker PRETENDS to be me??? Do you care??? No you DO NOT = it has been 3 years of h.ll with CONTINUING to have my Mailbox FULL of unwanted mail from you.

[1] Who is paying for the postage and printing???

[2] When are you going to STOP disrespecting non-members when they have chosen to CANCEL their AARP Membership???

๐Ÿ“ธ  Attaching a picture of TODAY's mail arrival from AARP - so over this!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค

*** And I DO NOT need a "response" from @AARPConsumerCare , waste of my time  ***

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

20240513_072607.jpg

20240513_072527.jpg

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

All junk mail. Used to take it to dads & have a bonfire a couple times a year, now I have to shred it & hope for the best.   LOL, Life insurance, the last thing I need. 

How are you posting here without a membership?

(5/13/24) @Tempest332 , I didnot know non-members could post on this site until a member had stated she has been posting here from 2008 as a non-member.

Lol, that is WHY the Spammers & Con Artists luv this site.

The OTHER junk I get is I guess is part of having a mailbox in the United States.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

But me getting Life Insurance Mail thanks to AARP for 3 YEARS now after CANCELING my membership 3 YEARS ago = nope, not going to keep happening. Has my personal info.

I am p.ssed enough NOW to start a PROJECT to stop this total disrespect!!!

Did I ask AARP to keep sending me LIFE INSURANCE FORMS???

NO!!!

Anyway, mail has not come as yet - had checked box when I returned from CVS earlier.

I will check again tomorrow when I get back from Walmart.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

All junk mail. Used to take it to dads & have a bonfire a couple times a year, now I have to shred it & hope for the best.   LOL, Life insurance, the last thing I need. 

How are you posting here without a membership? ***]

Bronze Conversationalist

I was getting a lot of mail from a certain company (weekly) about signing up for Medicare part B, up till last year.  I finally called them & told them I was still ineligible for another 6 years, & do us all a favor & take me off their list.  Seemed to slow it down a bit.    

I still get senior based junk mail, & other junk. 

Spammers & Con Artists.... & Lions & Tigers & Bears?

Kudos
Views

(5/13/24) @Tempest332 , regular junk WITH NO PERSONAL INFO, I can live with. Trust me, AARP's junk is included in the circular pack we all get. That mail is GENERIC, to anyone. Annoying has h.ck, but does NOT have any info that can be stolen.

It is very easy to create accounts on this site and takes forever for spam to be removed. Then add the Private Mail tool. Lots of folks hunting for that Love Connection. Anyway, not my biz or concern. Hopefully folks have enough sense not to click on stuff or respond to those PMs that could be fishing.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

I was getting a lot of mail from a certain company (weekly) about signing up for Medicare part B, up till last year.  I finally called them & told them I was still ineligible for another 6 years, & do us all a favor & take me off their list.  Seemed to slow it down a bit.    

I still get senior based junk mail, & other junk. 

Spammers & Con Artists.... & Lions & Tigers & Bears? ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The mods got to my reply to you, said it would be posted after editing (???).  I guess I did enough damage today, though I didn't think there was anything offensive.  I think we can figure the cons drop in for a day or two, then disappear.  ๐Ÿค”

I came over here today to get the May bulletin downloaded.    

(5/13/24) Lol @Tempest332 , you didnot do anything wrong, trust me!!!  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

And thanks for chatting TODAY.

Mail van came in and out, so mail is here.

If it is NOT raining, I will get the AARP Mail from my box later on.

Life Insurance place probably closed, so will CALL THEM TOMORROW.

Retirement has gotten boring/lol  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ  so I NEEDED a Project.

Take care,

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

The mods got to my reply to you, said it would be posted after editing (???).  I guess I did enough damage today, though I didn't think there was anything offensive.  I think we can figure the cons drop in for a day or two, then disappear.  ๐Ÿค”

I came over here today to get the May bulletin downloaded. ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

True, though I have yet to get any PM's via this site, I must be that toxic, but this is not a dating site either. 

I get those circulars too in my US mail, it's called Marriage mail, I only look at 4 of the store circulars, rest is junk. 

(5/13/24) Lol, @Tempest332  - what is Marriage Mail???

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

True, though I have yet to get any PM's via this site, I must be that toxic, but this is not a dating site either. 

I get those circulars too in my US mail, it's called Marriage mail, I only look at 4 of the store circulars, rest is junk. ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Marriage mail... Once a week ads & circulars, junk from home improvement companies, fast food coupons. Maybe even an ad from AARP.  Comes on Wednesday, usually all bundled together.

Edit: Marriage mail came on Tuesday this week. 

Aha @Tempest332 , I am NOT sure when my Marriage Mail arrives.

I did get the AARP Life Insurance Mail from my box LAST NIGHT.

It does have an 800 phone number which I will CALL today AFTER my Weekly Walmart Grocery Run this morning. Like to go when the youngsters are working and for now, the School Kids are NOT there. Dreading Summer Vacation as Walmart seems to be the place to hang out in and shoplift. Lol, keeps the cops busy.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

Marriage mail... Once a week ads & circulars, junk from home improvement companies, fast food coupons. Maybe even an ad from AARP.  Comes on Wednesday, usually all bundled together. ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I stopped going to the Super Wal*Mart, same thing, had gotten overridden with crime. I would tend to go there in off hours (after 9PM) when less busy.  

(5/14/24) @Tempest332 , I use to work for a SuperWalmart in Florida when I had gotten laid off in Florida. My now 37-year old daughter was in High School. I really DO NOT like them since Sam died. The same with Disney - Walt dying. This was THEIR DREAM and employees and customers were APPRECIATED.

I only go when the OTHER options are too far or WORST.

Shop when it is DARK!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Nope and folks believe the SIGNS in their parking lots about CAMERAS./lol  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

The SECURITY GUY at the Walmart I worked at in FLORIDA had parked his EXPENSIVE HOT ROD in view of a CAMERA. Came outside and it was GONE.

Chances are camera is NOT working or folks who are suppose to be viewing them ARE NOT.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

I stopped going to the Super Wal*Mart, same thing, had gotten overridden with crime. I would tend to go there in off hours (after 9PM) when less busy.  ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP