AARP's Response to Trump Administration’s Decision to Discontinue Paying Federal Cost-Sharing Reductions. Read Here

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS!

Message 1 of 8 (1,787 Views)

Hi, lovabull.  First I love your name.  It makes me smile.  Second:  it sounds like you have come up with a great outlet for your creativity.  I love all the different ideas that people think of to express themselves.  Perhaps you could think about sharing some pictures of your work,  Whereas we no longer have the galleries that we once had we still enjoy seeing each other's accomplishments.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 8 (1,858 Views)

Hi All,  Funny story regarding my uh hem "artistic endeavors" . For many years I doodled and did personal creations. Murals for my kids walls, grape vines on the garage, a whole step way in an apartment, yellow with vines and flowers growing from every point.

The kids loved it, the neighbors not so much sometimes. But only in the last year have I found an audience. I work for a big box hardware store. The only uniform code is an orange apron...so you know who it isSmiley Wink

But we can decorate those aprons any way we want, from just a scribbled name to full decor. I discovered acrylic paints and permanent marker work rather well on the material. One young co-worker asked me to decorate one for her.

My first thought was she might appreciate a graffitti look, maybe some bright flowers. So I taught myself graffiti style. Then word got around about the flowers...twenty two people on my request list so far whooo hoooo. Just fun seeing how many folks are wearing "my aprons" and weekly requests for more.

I also dropped my name in the painting contractor box. What the heck right? If I can paint eight foot cats and castles in the sky for my kids, why not get paid to do them for somebody else?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 8 (2,594 Views)

In Response to Re: WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS!:

Hello Jen and expressive drawing members! I joined a couple months ago, but have not been very active the last month or so because I've been busy with THIS! I've never done a series with a "purpose" before. 10 pieces total for The International March to End The Death Penalty. http://praeglow.wix.com/marchforlifegallery. Thank you Expressive Drawing community for support and encouragement in my journey back to painting.

praeglow

Posted by praeglow

praeglow, You're very welcome, I just came from your gallery of paintings..Wow, I'm so glad you were inspired to use the things you learned here and to express yourself in your paintings.

I am no longer Admn. of this group, but retained my member status, I will be popping back in now and then as I find the time..I have so enjoyed your work. ~Jen~

Message 4 of 8 (2,594 Views)

Just A Note; Due to family issues I no longer have time to devote to this group and will be leaveing, thanks to those members who have participated, I hope you continue to have art in your life, Jen

Message 5 of 8 (2,594 Views)

Welcome to these new members; ld1146, HeatherReed, CharliLillie, urantia606, herbdye, BCyer2821, daspinwall, JackieO42, jmosier, pchatman1950, jon5454, monics44, cindyleewest,TriciaFS, Longtallsally33, flutchcargo23, Sandra27ny..! WOW, we're happy to have you all here, looking forward to your participation, feel free to comment on the drawings posted, upload your own drawings, and take part in the discussions, Again, Welcome ~ Jen~~

Message 6 of 8 (2,594 Views)

WELCOME TO OUR "Newest" MEMBER'S FOR THE MONTH OF JULY;

nanavir, toolbeltdiva53, riteonart, ibolles, AutumnWysdom, scdays, babyross, Bristol55, and jdag !  We are happy to have you here, looking forward to your participation in the group. ~ Jen~

WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS!

Message 7 of 8 (2,594 Views)

So glad you joined us as we continue to explore the art of Expressive Drawing !

Review the previous lessons, start at the beginning or feel free to jump in anywhere..you will find the previous lessons by Clicking on the Discussions tab at the top of this page. ; You may have to go through several pages to find all the sessions. 

Come to the group, introduce yourself, and enjoy all the wonderful art that has been posted by members...We would love to see your drawings...Welcome !..~Jen~

PS: HERE IS A LINK TO THE PREVIOUS SESSIONS IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:

Previous Lessons. Do

WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS!

Message 7 of 8 (2,594 Views)

So glad you joined us as we continue to explore the art of Expressive Drawing !

Review the previous lessons, start at the beginning or feel free to jump in anywhere..you will find the previous lessons by Clicking on the Discussions tab at the top of this page. ; You may have to go through several pages to find all the sessions. 

Come to the group, introduce yourself, and enjoy all the wonderful art that has been posted by members...We would love to see your drawings...Welcome !..~Jen~

PS: HERE IS A LINK TO THE PREVIOUS SESSIONS IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:

Previous Lessons. Do