AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Artwork From Sessions Of Expressive Drawing And Creativity

Message 1 of 7
Hi Joy,Yes the techniques are amazing, also the results, I was surprised so often by that.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 7
I am Joy Hellman and own an art studio in NC teach children and adults I used expressive drawing in my class and also a group that I have on Facebook I found the techniques truly amazing/

Message 3 of 7

Thank you Pam, so glad you enjoyed it, maybe this winter I can get back into it.~Jen

Message 4 of 7

Prosecco62 wrote:

Jen43, I am fascinated by your artistry!  Have you been studying art prior to your exposure to AARP's "art sessions?"  You have a lot of talent.  Have you displayed your work in shows?  What media to you feel most comfortable with?  ~  Mimi

Hi Mimi, I've been painting for over 40 years now, I started out with oils, love how they blended, was facinated with the old masters, studied and copied a lot of their work, loved Rembrant, this is one of my eariler works, based on one of his, done in oils, he was so wonderful with light and drapeing of cloth.

IMG_0792.JPG

I took some lessons at a local college,mostly self taught, entered local art shows.

I now paint in acrylics, oils became too expensive, and the odor of thinners and turpintine started to bother me,

I'm really comfortable with the acrylics now, and that's what I've used for the past 20 years or so, but my art sessions here on aarp was my first experience with expressive drawing, I really enjoyed it.

My painting time is really limited now, as my time is not my own now, but I still sketch, and find ways to be creative when I can.

Thank you for your comments.~Jen

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 7

Prosecco62 wrote:

Jen43, I am fascinated by your artistry!  Have you been studying art prior to your exposure to AARP's "art sessions?"  You have a lot of talent.  Have you displayed your work in shows?  What media to you feel most comfortable with?  ~  Mimi

Jen,  What Mimi said, ditto for me.  I hope Patty gets some response to her post, as that is a great offer she has made.  I have taken a closer look at your artwork and agree that it is fascinating!  (Not that I am any expert, but I know what I like when I see it.  Smiley Happy  )    Pam

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 7

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne

Artwork From Sessions Of Expressive Drawing And Creativity

Message 7 of 7

During the last transition of the online community, hundreds of drawings produced were not transferred over, I saved a lot of mine, and I'm posting them here in this topic, since we don't have a photo gallery like before, maybe these will encourage others to share their drawings, just start a topic, or reply and insert your photo of your drawing.

Thanks PattyDiane for your post, I really enjoyed all these sessions, and like you said sessions 1-13 are still here if anone is interested.

The 1st & 2nd drawing below is from the rythym session,

The last three are from Repitition of Motif

100_3502.JPG

100_3501.JPG

100_3499.JPG

100_1153.JPG

100_1337.JPG

Announcements

Prepare to Care

A resourceful guide to learn about how to have conversations with older family members and much more!