What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Info Seeker

Re: What is the funniest thing your pet does?

Message 1 of 30

My Jack Russell, Baby, barks very little, but as people leave the house, she runs and barks at them as they go out the door.  She also loves to lie on the high back of the couch, or jump onto a chair so she can lean over and look out the window to see if friends are out walking on our street.  She loves watching dogs on the TV and squeals and runs "with" them if they are running, and ads are one of her favorite things to watch.  She keeps me entertained.

Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 30

When many people think of pets, they think of dogs and cats.  Well, I have dogs, but just as much love and fun comes from my three goats.  I have the mother, Venus, and her twin daughters Sunshine and Rainbow, who were born here on my farm.  One day Venus and Rainbow were picking on Sunshine and trying to eat her food, (they each have their own food bin), so I put food in a separate bucket and held it while Sunshine ate her breakfast from it.  She got spoiled fast!  Now when I go down to feed the "girls" in the morning, Rainbow and Venus head for their own food buckets, and Sunshine stands in front of me, waiting for me to hold the food bucket while she eats her breakfast.  All three goats love to get brushed, and push each other out of the way when I brush them in the morning, like they're saying "me first, Mom!"   The best thing  - well, have you ever heard goats "talk"?  They say "MAAA".  So as I'm brushing and feeding them, they're all saying "MAAA" like they're talking to me.  And yes, I talk to them, too.  

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 30
@rockaria: Just think of the void that would have been in your life if you hadn't had your sweet Buzzy in your life for those almost 14 years. You gave him a good live and he gave you one, too. The love of a pet is something that many people never experience, and you and Buzzy are two of the lucky few.
Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 30

I love these stories!  Our furry friends are the absolute BEST!  I rescued my Buzzy Boo-Eyes when his mother abandoned him & his sister at about 3 weeks old.  (the sister, whom I named Lazera, was too weak and passed after 3 days).  Buzzy had to be bottle-fed, and when I took him off the bottle, he started sucking his paw pad for comfort.  He lived to be almost 14, and continued to suck his paw, only when he was snuggling with me, safe and content.  Today (1/6) is a sad day, as it marks the 3rd anniversary of my Buzzy's passing.  I held him & comforted him as he passed away in my arms.  I've never had a friend like him & will love and miss him forever.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 30

My pit always wakes me around 8:00, but when I choose to rollover, she'll jump on the bed and nuzzle her way under my head, replacing my pillow with herself.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 30

EVERYTHING! From trying to get my attention by laying on his back (Trevor knows that once I spot him, it will put a smile on my face), or when Tevor watchesCute As A Button TrevorCute As A Button Trevor television for a split second. Trevor has turned into a therapy cat who can turn a frown upside down (on your face).

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 30

My terrier mix(Bella)has an ottoman in the front window where she loves to sit and watch the world. When I put out her breakfast(dry kibble)she will go and get a mouthful then go get on the ottoman, spit it out and eat it one piece at a time while she watches out the window. Sometimes when she is feeling lovey toward my other dog she will go get a mouthful and put it next to her so she can have breakfast with a view too!

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 30

My sister and I live together with our wonderful rescue cats, Butterscotch and Noel. In the morning Noel will come to me in bed and lick my bald 68 year old head. 

Later I get up and both come and visit me on the "throne" and leave after they know I am "OKAY"!!! I must give them a tickle or they will be upset.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 30

That is so funny, cute, and adorable.  How can you get mad at these crazy cats?  There just little kids covered in fur.  LOL

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 30

In 1984 I bottlefed and raised a tuxedo cat that had the best personality of any cat I have ever seen or owned, and that has been many.  He liked broccoli, olives, asparagus, grapefruit and a little coffee if he could share mine.  Our daughter fixed a broccoli and cheese casserole to take to a Singles party at the church.  She took it from the oven and went to her room to get dressed.  She passed by me to the kitchen to pick up her beautiful dish when I heard a shriek and a naughty word from my daughter.  The cat was sitting by the dish using a front claw to dip into the dish and pull out and eat the cheese covered broccoli.

Krazykat