Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What is the funniest thing your pet does?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is the funniest thing your pet does?

I always laugh at my dog when he perches himself on the one my comfy chairs, like a cat to look out the windows.Bris perchingBris perching

Share a fun picture or story about your pet

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Our dog Buddy steals and eats whole cucumbers from my garden. He also likes squash, but cucumbers are his favorite. He holds it upright between his paws and it’s it like a banana.

Trusted Contributor

This reminds me of my MOM'S cat, she loved cucumbers. If you had one we had to share with her. Her name was TINGA LINA
Contributor

"Don't let your dog become a pothead" No animals were harmed in the making of this photo, Dusty did this entirely on her own."Don't let your dog become a pothead" No animals were harmed in the making of this photo, Dusty did this entirely on her own.

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

My Jingle Kitty doesn't drink water like a "normal" cat.  She dips her paw in the water, then licks the water off of her paw.

When Weeble was a baby, he'd suck on his kibbles instead of chewing and swallowing.  He often fell asleep with his head in the food bowl, sucking a kibble.

All of my kitties like to play fetch.

Zander LeMew is very sneaky and likes to steal food from plates.  He stole a slice of hard-boiled egg from my 1-year-old grandson, and a few days later, stole a Ritz cracker from my daughter.  He hurries away to eat his prize.

Contributor

When I was renting a room in a house, the owner had many dogs (all rescued). One dog was a cocker mix named Ladybug who I used to make a big fuss over. When I got home from work I would go up to her and say "Hellooooooo, Ladybug, Hellooooooo. How are you? How was your day?" She was a very vocal dog and she would respond with doggy sounds. One day I was sitting in the kitchen and she came in, put her paws on my thighs and very distinctly said "Helloooooooo." I was floored as was the niece of the owner who was also in the kitchen. For years after, if she wanted attention, she would say hello. It really freaked out the telephone man when he came to check the lines. Ladybug is long gone, and she stopped saying hello after the owner of the house passed away, but I will never forget this wonderful dog.

Bronze Conversationalist

Our new boy, a 4 year old German Shepherd that we adopted about 5 months ago, is a 95-pound bundle of love.  In addition to trying to eat the goats and chickens, which I don't think is funny (we now keep him out of their area), he likes to steal things from the house - pillows, shoes, blankets, and also his own toys.  He takes them out to a certain  place in the backyard and leaves them there.  He never destroys anything - he just likes to take them when we're not looking.  He has his own toys, but he likes to take our belongings.  He also likes to "shake hands" with his huge front LEFT paw, which is as big around as a tree branch!  He  persists even after someone has shaken his "hand".  The paw keeps coming up for more, and if you refuse, he gently pokes us with his paw.  And after he eats he picks up his food bowl and brings it to wherever we are and drops it on the floor.  I can't imagine why this dog was up for adoption and was considered "unadoptable", but I'm happy we got him. And our 10-year old Labrador is delighted to have him as her "little brother".  

Contributor

My Lab mix(adopted rescue) will take a mouth full of food from his bowl, take it to where I am sitting, and drop it on the floor. Then eat it piece by piece. Then repeat.

Ron S

Regular Contributor

I have five dogs - three who are rescued, one I paid a ransom for, and the other is from Craigslist.  They are all full of craziness!.  The golden retriever likes to howl, run his body up and down the back of the couch and moan and groan in the process.  He wakes us all up and it's just a happy way of saying good morning from a 12 year old "baby".

We have a Queensland heeler who likes to corral the Carien Terrier and Sheltie when they go after the vacuum cleaner.  They like to tackle the vacumm cleaner and she hates it so she takes it upon herself to fuss at them and move them away from it - just like a herd of sheep.

The Hovawart is just crazy about being loved.  She weights 73 pounds and thinks nothing of climbing up into a lap and putting her head on a shoulder.  If you're on the floor with her she thinks nothing of knocking you to the ground so she can lay on you. 

They are so incredibly awesome - for all their quirks and silliness.  I wouldn't trade a one of them.

Periodic Contributor

We have 15 cats. They all are the offspring of a litter of kittens and a pregnant cat that my wife rescued. These are all outdoor cats.

A female calico cat named Maple chose me as her human. Maple likes to hang out with me in my home office and supervise my technical writing. When I am engrossed in a writing project I tend to ignore her. Maple gets my attention by hopping up on my computer desk and stretching out on the computer keyboard. 

The other day she climbed over my laptop monitor (about a 5" access space) and scrunched into one of the small storage bins built the book shelf above my computer desk. I looked up and there was a cat face looking back at me just abbove the monitor.

Maple apparently thinks that tech writing is pretty boring stuff. After a while she will sit in front of the office door with her nose pointed at the door which is a signal to me to open the door and let her out to the great outdoors.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Dave28 wrote:

We have 15 cats. They all are the offspring of a litter of kittens and a pregnant cat that my wife rescued. These are all outdoor cats.

A female calico cat named Maple chose me as her human. Maple likes to hang out with me in my home office and supervise my technical writing. When I am engrossed in a writing project I tend to ignore her. Maple gets my attention by hopping up on my computer desk and stretching out on the computer keyboard. 

The other day she climbed over my laptop monitor (about a 5" access space) and scrunched into one of the small storage bins built the book shelf above my computer desk. I looked up and there was a cat face looking back at me just abbove the monitor.

Maple apparently thinks that tech writing is pretty boring stuff. After a while she will sit in front of the office door with her nose pointed at the door which is a signal to me to open the door and let her out to the great outdoors.

As I began reading your story and saw in the very first line that you had 15 cats,  I immediately yelped a little inside--"FIFTEEN CATS!!!!!"  But then you "fixed it" by letting us know, that they are "all outdoor cats."  So you were redeemed and I was able to settle into your most  amusing post.  I loved the part about the little cat face peeking out at you from the storage bin and how she lay across your keyboard as if to say "look at me!"   I laughed out loud as I read.  Animals are so lovable and funny and they make our lives better.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Contributor

at our house we have 2 dogs ,wicca and jellybean .they like to lay in my bedroom window and sun themselves like a cat.they also are trained to go outside to the bathroom by going out my window and down a pallet when the weather is nice.wicca likes to sleep under the blankets against the back of people's knees.and jellybean likes to sleep on top of the blankets against your back

You won't believe it, but my cat Ruckus taught himself to pee in the toilet! I promise, I didn't teach him this!Ruckus.PNG

"Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life" Unknown Author
Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

That is awesome!  Ruckus is a smart cat.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have a dog and a cat, both are rescues and both make me laugh every day. Ben, a 13 year old Australian Terrier (so I'm told), came with great manners and skills ... he sits pretty and smiles for snacks - a big, bold, teeth bearing grin! Linda, a 10 year old grey tiger is less interested in amusing me but she has a few tricks herself  ... snuggling with Ben is one and she also jumps from the loft to the top of the frig to the counter to the floor, I think she's ready for a gig at the circus. These 2 companions really bring me great joy, I don't know what I'd do without them and I think they aren't sure they'd make it without me. Every now and then I think they'd make great therapy pets, but on second thought it is probably me that would be wearing that "service" vest!

My late cat used to meuw, the way like they are fixing to get an target, he would do that to the hellecopter on the TV. Then he would run away and I could not help but laugh

Social Butterfly

chumley hogging the couch (2).jpg

Mine is a grievance about my dog. He’s a couch potato who hogs the couch. The big oaf knows on game day I like to stretch out and watch a little TV but I have to wrestle with him just to be able to get a place to sit.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP